Author Topic: Can't find any good title but it's worth reading and I need some insights  (Read 112 times)

iwaslost

I identify as a male and live as such in some occasions except at work entirely and my family. I'm in a Muslim culture, and not to brag but I'm very good looking so I pass as a girl as long as I don't speak.
My work heavily involves telemarketing and since I didn't come out at work, I am expected to present myself as such to clients. All telecommunications, I introduce myself as a guy and when I have to introduce myself as a girl because of different reason, I hear confusion and repeatedly asking about the name or sometimes completely ignore it and still continue the conversation as a man. Nearly all clients who see me and talk to me on the phone don't recognize that I'm the same person.  When I speak people ignore me because they don't expect the voice to be coming out of me. At work they let it slip that I introduce myself as a guy because it would sound unpleasant if I sound like man and tell people I'm a woman. I'm only accepted at this job because of my sister and they saw me first before anything and asked for me. Other jobs that require interviews wether on the phone, they won't accept me. I still have my birth name so I can't do anything about this.

Offline Battle Goddess

• Family
Hello, IWL.

This sounds like a complicated life. Which parts of your life are the happiest?
"It's not really a choice. Because we're not choosing to transition...we're choosing to be happy." -- SarahC

Introductory Post: https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,242617.msg2196235.html

Whiny HRT and Transition Blog: https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,244163.msg2217618.html

Spironolactone January 10 2019
Divigel January 20 2019
Estradiol Valerate March 14 2019

iwaslost

Hello, IWL.

This sounds like a complicated life. Which parts of your life are the happiest?

For sure it is. I'm more me when I'm a male. Even when I present as a girl, I can't be called one and have heard it often.

Offline TheWomanWithinMe

There are a number of voice training apps or websites that allow you to gauge how feminine or masculine your voice is.  You might try training your voice to sound somewhere between the two. If anyone comments on the change you could say you are learning to sing or act and its having an affect on your speaking voice based on comments people have made to you.  If your voice wavers on occasion you can readily attribute it to a particularly hard song or bit of acting you are trying to master as such you are losing track of your voice. Just a thought.

Tags: