Author Topic: Dyed my Eyebrows last night  (Read 864 times)

Offline Dayle1957

• I am a girl, I have always been a girl
Dyed my Eyebrows last night
« on: January 01, 2020, 02:59:40 pm »
My eyebrows have become nearly invisible.  Over the years they went from being very dark brown to blond.  My hair color is a light to medium brown.

Last night I finally got the nerve to dye my eyebrows using Just for Men beard and mustache dye.

It was super easy, but you have to be careful and prepare correctly.  The most important thing is to coat the skin above and below the brow with Vaseline to prevent staining skin (and looking like a clown).

The only thing is mine came out a bit too dark for my taste.  I used the medium brown color and I probably should have used the light brown. 

They do look natural so I am okay with the results.

So far I have not heard any comments, good or bad, but I like how they look, though again, they are a bit darker than I expected.

When they fade to the extent that I am ready to re-dye them I will spend another $10 and get the light brown tint.

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Have a gentle manner ❤️
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
Re: Dyed my Eyebrows last night
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2020, 03:04:21 pm »
My eyebrows have become nearly invisible.  Over the years they went from being very dark brown to blond.  My hair color is a light to medium brown.

Last night I finally got the nerve to dye my eyebrows using Just for Men beard and mustache dye.

It was super easy, but you have to be careful and prepare correctly.  The most important thing is to coat the skin above and below the brow with Vaseline to prevent staining skin (and looking like a clown).

The only thing is mine came out a bit too dark for my taste.  I used the medium brown color and I probably should have used the light brown. 

They do look natural so I am okay with the results.

So far I have not heard any comments, good or bad, but I like how they look, though again, they are a bit darker than I expected.

When they fade to the extent that I am ready to re-dye them I will spend another $10 and get the light brown tint.

Eyebrows sure make a difference for the overall appearance of your face.  You could invest in permanent makeup too but I would wait until you think you have the perfect color.  I do not know the cost as I have not looked into eyebrow coloring.  Your plan makes sense.

Chrissy

Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Online barbie

• I change my avatar every week
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2020, 03:52:51 pm »
Many young girls here shave their eyebrows to draw again with an eye pencil.

barbie~~
Just do it.

Offline Ellie_Arroway

• ellie_arroway@susans.org
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2020, 04:07:15 pm »
Eyebrows sure make a difference for the overall appearance of your face.  You could invest in permanent makeup too but I would wait until you think you have the perfect color.  I do not know the cost as I have not looked into eyebrow coloring.  Your plan makes sense.

It's called microblading, I think my local salon quotes upwards from £200 sterling, and there are risks involved with it. It's also technically semi-permanent.
Started seriously questioning: 24 Aug 2019
Referred to GIC: 23 Sep 2019
Full-time female presentation since: 21 Oct 2019, unbroken since 12 Dec 2019
Official name change by deed poll: 11 Nov 2019
HRT: started 6 Apr 2021 via GenderCare/NHS shared care
Most of my story is in the Just another mtf tale thread!
Twitch streamer MusicEllie

Offline sarahc

• Sarah
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2020, 08:29:58 pm »
I'm too scared to personally mess around with my eyebrows. I'm afraid I'll mess something up and it will look awful. So professionals only for me. And fortunately, at least where I live, there are a lot more inexpensive brows-only places that have opened up in the past couple of years. I think it's the new mani-pedi craze.

Sarah
----
48 years young.
Known that I am trans since...forever.
First therapy session / decided to transition / hair removal: October 2018
HRT: January 2019 (journal https://www.susans.org/forums/index.phpVF/topic,244009.0.html)
VFS: September 2019; three-month report here
Full-time: April 2020
FFS: August 2020
SRS: January 2021

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Family
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2020, 08:33:48 pm »
I'm too scared to personally mess around with my eyebrows. I'm afraid I'll mess something up and it will look awful. So professionals only for me. And fortunately, at least where I live, there are a lot more inexpensive brows-only places that have opened up in the past couple of years. I think it's the new mani-pedi craze.

Sarah

Threading and microblading seems to be gaining popularity at salons, but shaping via plucking and waxing are ever present.

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline Allie Jayne

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2020, 10:26:33 pm »
My first foray out as Allie was to a salon in a mall to have my brows threaded and dyed. I did have some slight bleeding and small scabs under one brow, but all up it was a good experience. The grey hairs came back in a couple of weeks and we did have to go darker than I wanted to cover the grey.

Allie

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Family
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2020, 10:50:04 pm »
My first foray out as Allie was to a salon in a mall to have my brows threaded and dyed. I did have some slight bleeding and small scabs under one brow, but all up it was a good experience. The grey hairs came back in a couple of weeks and we did have to go darker than I wanted to cover the grey.

Allie

Does eyebrow hair grow faster than the top of head hair?  Maybe, maybe not.  Perhaps any hairs, especially “stray hairs”, in the brows are simply individually more noticeable than top of head hair.

Chrissy

Offline Allie Jayne

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2020, 10:55:21 pm »

Does eyebrow hair grow faster than the top of head hair?  Maybe, maybe not.  Perhaps any hairs, especially “stray hairs”, in the brows are simply individually more noticeable than top of head hair.

Chrissy

Chrissy, for me they do. I can pluck my grey hairs and they are fully regrown in 2 weeks. Brows are constant maintenance!

Allie

Offline Sophiaprincess2019

• www.tickerfactory.com
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2020, 12:03:49 am »
Ironic I just found this thread. I JUST had my eyebrows permanently tattooed on December 26th 2019. I'm still recovering which takes upwards of 30 days. Managed to snap a quick picture when my brows had been freshly tattooed that day:

(My hair isn't that short, I have it pulled into a ponytail for the photo)

The procedure took about 2 1/2 hours and the pain was tolerable. Tonight I'm still applying the ointment the technician gave me. The total cost, including the follow up session to finish adding final pigment was $400.00
1968 Assigned male at birth with feminine mannerisms
1978 Dolls and dresses
1988 Experimental stage, limited makeup and clothes
1998 Denial continues, unsuccessfully tried living as a man
12-8-2018 time for a change....
2-21-2019 Started HRT
2-21-2020 One year HRT
2-21-2021 Two years HRT

Offline Dayle1957

• I am a girl, I have always been a girl
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2020, 11:33:16 am »
Sophia - they look fantastic!

Offline Sophiaprincess2019

• www.tickerfactory.com
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2020, 01:05:59 pm »
Sophia - they look fantastic!

Thanks Dayle! They'd better, the last 1/2 of the appointment I had to endure pretty intense soreness, but well worth it!

All the best in 2020!

Sophia
1968 Assigned male at birth with feminine mannerisms
1978 Dolls and dresses
1988 Experimental stage, limited makeup and clothes
1998 Denial continues, unsuccessfully tried living as a man
12-8-2018 time for a change....
2-21-2019 Started HRT
2-21-2020 One year HRT
2-21-2021 Two years HRT

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Family
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2021, 05:46:29 am »
Ironic I just found this thread. I JUST had my eyebrows permanently tattooed on December 26th 2019. I'm still recovering which takes upwards of 30 days. Managed to snap a quick picture when my brows had been freshly tattooed that day:

(My hair isn't that short, I have it pulled into a ponytail for the photo)

The procedure took about 2 1/2 hours and the pain was tolerable. Tonight I'm still applying the ointment the technician gave me. The total cost, including the follow up session to finish adding final pigment was $400.00

Sophia,

Your eyebrows are very nice looking!

Chrissy

Tags: