Community Conversation > Non-binary talk

When being trans is no longer an issue

<< < (2/2)

RandiL:

--- Quote from: Asche on June 12, 2021, 07:49:24 pm ---I like the idea of helping people.  But I'm not sure I can help much, and I fear I would make things worse.  My way of looking at things is so different from how most posters seem to see them that I don't know that I can do more than just try to empathize.  A lot of the stuff people worry about are things that aren't an issue for me, and the stuff that I'm wrestling with doesn't seem to be stuff that bothers anyone else.

I envy you.  I have even more trouble making real connections on-line than in real life.  I've gotten one lasting friend out of my years here, and AFAIK she doesn't come here any more.

--- End quote ---
Asche,

You help others simply by being here, telling your own stories and offering empathy. We don't always, or even maybe often, have good suggestions for others. Simple encouragement is often all I can offer.

Hugs,
Randi

Sent from my dual-floppy Victor 9000 using Tapatalk

Sephirah:

--- Quote from: Asche on June 12, 2021, 07:49:24 pm ---My way of looking at things is so different from how most posters seem to see them that I don't know that I can do more than just try to empathize.

--- End quote ---

Sometimes this is what people need, sweetie. A view of things that is outside their own. That's why people come here, often. To get fresh eyes on something they can't figure out. You have things to contribute even if you don't think you do. And empathy is always appreciated, just so someone doesn't feel quite so alone.

Just knowing that someone else cares about what they think can be enough, in a world where people can feel crushing isolation just because of who they are.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version