Author Topic: Septo-rhinoplasty  (Read 119 times)

Offline Katie Ellen

• Friend
  • Will the real me... please stand up!
Septo-rhinoplasty
« on: June 14, 2021, 03:10:08 pm »
I had a septo-rhinoplasty on April 20tn. First week went normal. Beginning of 2nd week I started having bad nosebleeds. Daily bleeding that I could stop. A couple days later I was home alone. It started bleeding very bad I couldn't stop it. Then it started coming out my eyes. I guess I panicked a little, but I called 911. They took me to a local hospital where they didn't do much except hand me clean towels
After 6 hours of constant bleeding and throwing up blood, they sent me to where I had my surgery. They did some treatments and got it stopped. I thought the worst was passed.
Unfortunately, it started bleeding again the next day and all week.

Another trip to the ER. My surgery hospital this time. I had to have a second surgery to finally stop it. No bleeding since and my nose is still a little sore and swollen. They say it is very rare for this to happen. Why can't I be lucky in something good for once?

Offline Rakel

• Formerly known as Dani
  • Rakel@susans.org
Re: Septo-rhinoplasty
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2021, 03:33:56 pm »
As you know, all surgeries have a risk. Most surgeons have few complications, but a few seem to have many. Surgical skill and technique is just one factor in your recovery. Even the best surgeons have complications on occasion.

There may be other risk factors depending on your personal medical situation. Many people are denied surgery because the risks are greater than acceptable.

Lastly, sometimes an unfortunate situation just happens for no known cause. We just deal with it and it appears that your surgeon corrected the problem. Be thankful for that. I think you had good medical care for this complication, as unfortunate as it was.

Retired Pharmacist with over 40 years experience in Hospital and Retail Pharmacies.
I still keep my professional licence active and in good standing.

Tags: