Community Conversation > Voice Therapy and Surgery

16 days post op of voice fem surgery

(1/2) > >>

TransDoll:
I’m 16 days post op and my voice sounds lower/the same as before surgery I noticed when I first start to talk nothing comes out at first and then sound comes out but it’s delayed because it feels like I lost my voice but the pitch is the same or lower I feel like? As first it was only a whisper that came out now I’m starting to use alittle more voice that isn’t really a whisper but it’s low? Like at first if I say a word it might sound like a whisper at first and then sound comes out if that makes sense. I noticed that I am not able to make my voice go high like before surgery so maybe that’s why I don’t sound higher yet because it didn’t fully heal yet so I can’t use the higher pitch level yet? I’m also not sure if I should voice rest because my vocal coach keeps telling me I need to start training my voice back to normal when I would prefer to just let it rest right now? Hopefully I explained my situation well I would appreciate anyone’s advice or experience with voice fem surgery thanks!

Rakel:
16 days is way too soon to try out your new voice. Let it rest for about another one or two months, then give it a try.

Even then, you may need voice therapy.

Pengola:
You need to wait about 2 months to notice results. I myself noticed a mild change in mine after yeson but Im now looking to get a revision as he didnt shorten my vocal cords enough and Im pretty sure he wont be doing a revision for me given that most people who go to him for revision from his previous work have been turned down or charged huge amounts of money

TransDoll:

--- Quote from: Pengola on May 19, 2021, 10:14:13 pm ---You need to wait about 2 months to notice results. I myself noticed a mild change in mine after yeson but Im now looking to get a revision as he didnt shorten my vocal cords enough and Im pretty sure he wont be doing a revision for me given that most people who go to him for revision from his previous work have been turned down or charged huge amounts of money

--- End quote ---

I’m sorry to hear about your results. How long ago was your surgery

Metamorphosis:
Hey Transdoll! Who was your surgeon and what procedure did you have done? I am also 17 days post-op from VFS.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version