Author Topic: spiro  (Read 337 times)

Offline iskra

• Neighbor
spiro
« on: May 15, 2021, 10:18:04 am »
I started Spiro yesterday so I am officially on HRT, sort of, since Spiro is also used for other conditions and it's the prelude to E. We'll see how the Spiro cookie crumbles. I think the dose is pretty low so I may not really get much T reduction till she increases it.

Online Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
Re: spiro
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2021, 10:39:39 am »
I started Spiro yesterday so I am officially on HRT, sort of, since Spiro is also used for other conditions and it's the prelude to E. We'll see how the Spiro cookie crumbles. I think the dose is pretty low so I may not really get much T reduction till she increases it.

@iskra
Dear Iskra:
Thank you for telling us about your good news.   Welcome to the "HRT Club"
It would be wonderful if you could keep us all updated regarding your journey, but
only post about things when you feel comfortable doing so.

HUGS, and best wishes to you in your journey,
Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 41

Offline Meghan

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2021, 10:44:35 am »
I began my HRT with spironolactone and Estradiol patches for four years, and I have problems with high potassium and Testosterone levels. My new Endocrine switch to Finasteride and increased my Estradiol patch strength then add Progesterone to my daily medication. After two years my Testosterone level fully suppress and my Estrogen level is in woman strength. My breasts begins to develop more.

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

Meghan Pham: MtF Transgender, Transsexual, Transwoman, social justice, Caregivers, Certified Nurse Assistant

Offline Rakel

• Formerly known as Dani
  • Rakel@susans.org
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2021, 09:23:53 pm »
I started Spiro yesterday ...

I also started with Spironolactone many years ago for prostate issues. In a few months my doctor added Finasteride. A few months later I began to notice a certain bounce in my chest area. The literature at the time stated that this happens to 2% of males taking these drugs. Needless to say, I was delighted and this got me thinking of my long suppressed desires to transition.

Sometimes some people really do enjoy the side effects of certain medications.

Retired Pharmacist with over 40 years experience in Hospital and Retail Pharmacies.
I still keep my professional licence active and in good standing.

Offline Battle Goddess

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2021, 09:25:03 pm »
Get comfortable shoes
"It's not really a choice. Because we're not choosing to transition...we're choosing to be happy." -- SarahC

"Have a gentle manner ❤️" -- Chrissy Ryan
"Working on it" -- Battle Goddess

Introductory Post: https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,242617.msg2196235.html

Whiny HRT and Transition Blog: https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,244163.msg2217618.html

Spironolactone January 10 2019
Divigel January 20 2019
Estradiol Valerate March 14 2019

Online Rachel

• Family
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2021, 06:19:09 pm »
Hi, I was started in spiro and the dose was increased 2 weeks later and E added. I think 6 months passed and I was put on P. I am back on P now. The E was in pill form than and I took 1 then 2 then 3 pills a day over a few weeks time as prescribed.

I was put on Finasteride and went off of it due to some side effects that can manifest and I was having trouble with an issue.

Finasteride is a 5 alpha reductase inhibitor. You may want to research the role of 5 alpha reductase and testosterone and estrogen transformation. Always review HRT with your doctor. The internet is full of misinformation.

Congratulations on starting HRT. I know it is a very exciting time. Good luck.

Spiro, drink water and review salt and potassium intake with your doctor. each caffeinated beverage is a negative water intake.

HRT is a slow process and when started we often get impatient. It is a life long regiment and HRT takes time.

Rachel
MTF in need of help link https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,133631.1980.html
MTF in need of help 2 link https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,251825.0.html
HRT  5-28-2013
FT   11-13-2015
FFS   9-16-2016 -Spiegel
GCS 11-15-2016 - McGinn
Hair Grafts 3-20-2017 - Cooley
Voice therapy start 3-2017 - Reene Blaker
Labiaplasty 5-15-2017 - McGinn
BA 7-12-2017 - McGinn
Hair grafts 9-25-2017 Dr.Cooley
Sataloff Cricothyroid subluxation and trachea shave12-11-2017
Dr. McGinn labiaplasty, hood repair, scar removal, graph repair and bottom of  vagina finished. urethra repositioned. 4-4-2018
Dr. Sataloff Glottoplasty 5-14-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal in office procedure 10-22-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal revision 2 4-3-2019 Bottom of vagina closed off, fat injected into the labia and urethra repositioned.
Dr. Thomas FemLar 10/13/2020
Dr. Thomas laser vocal procedure 2/17/2021

Tags: