Community Conversation > Transgender talk

Names! Argh!

(1/4) > >>

Squeaky99:
This is maddening.  I'm working on a new name (MTF).  Mine is gender-neutral so I could easily keep it, but I'd like to explore a different one.  I started with the most popular names for my birth year.  Of course the first name on the list (also my would-have-been AFAB name) is that of my ex-wife.  Thats a no-go.

I'm looking for something Scottish, from the early 70s, without a lot of alliteration. 

How did you pick your name? 

I like Brooke, but I'm not sold on it.

Battle Goddess:
Both of mine were given me by two different unexpected sources. At first I didn't even realize they had, but whack me upside the head enough times and I tend to figure things out.

So you never know. There's no rush to settle on a name. It paid for me to take my time. I had to take my time.

Northern Star Girl:

--- Quote from: Squeaky99 on May 17, 2021, 05:10:12 pm ---This is maddening.  I'm working on a new name (MTF).  Mine is gender-neutral so I could easily keep it, but I'd like to explore a different one.  I started with the most popular names for my birth year.  Of course the first name on the list (also my would-have-been AFAB name) is that of my ex-wife.  Thats a no-go.

I'm looking for something Scottish, from the early 70s, without a lot of alliteration. 

How did you pick your name? 

I like Brooke, but I'm not sold on it.

--- End quote ---
@Squeaky99
Dear Squeaky:

Our names that we desire are very important to us in our relationships and in our work environments.

As  @Battle Goddess  stated in her reply comment, there is no rush to change your name... in fact, I like the name you presently have, it's certainly gender-neutral and more of a nickname but if it fits your personality and desires then perhaps keep it.  The other name you mentioned, Brooke, is a pretty name and definitely female gendered.

After you think about what you would like your new name to be... and only If you wish to change your member name here on the Forums please go to the following thread and post your request.   
Be certain to look over some of the recent post replies there so you will understand the procedure.

Click Link:    Changing my name on the forum
   https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,196460.msg2422656.html#msg2422656

Warm Regards,
Danielle
Global Moderator

Sephirah:

--- Quote from: Squeaky99 on May 17, 2021, 05:10:12 pm ---I'm looking for something Scottish, from the early 70s, without a lot of alliteration.
--- End quote ---

May I ask why? 

--- Quote ---How did you pick your name?
--- End quote ---

I didn't. It chose me.

I think we stress about this way too much. Write down, say, 50 names. Then go through them, close your eyes, take some deep breaths, and feel which ones you resonate with most. That's your answer. :)

Squeaky99:

--- Quote from: Sephirah on May 22, 2021, 04:18:19 pm ---May I ask why? 
--- End quote ---

While exploring new names I thought it would be nice to pick one with a nod to my Scottish heritage.  Ironically enough as I go through this process the one that is resonating with me the most (Amy) is French.  Go figure. ;D  The bigger thing for me was picking something that was popular in or around my birth year.

--- Quote ---I didn't. It chose me.

I think we stress about this way too much. Write down, say, 50 names. Then go through them, close your eyes, take some deep breaths, and feel which ones you resonate with most. That's your answer. :)

--- End quote ---

That seems to be what's happening.  Just had to live with it a bit

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version