Author Topic: do you encounter dysphoria cycles?  (Read 899 times)

Offline Chloe

• Family
  • "Jade" girl slave in "The Badland's" poppy fields!
Re: do you encounter dysphoria cycles?
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2021, 05:31:02 am »
. . strangely enough, since accepting the truth, many of my memories came back and i see them from a different angle.

Peeptoe what you describe sounds very familiar perhaps misspoke when I said "on hold" rather "phases", based on slow steady progress but not "circles", would probably be much more accurate. You MUST make the decision and just start the process - which is gonna be LONG - because 1) just talking 'bout it with a therapist is pointless and 2) your NOT leaving those kids behind they are the most rewarding thing a transgirl can do!

No time now, 'ave to work, but remember what a great philosopher once said:

"a [past] life unexamined is not worth living"

Cheers (more later!)
"But it's no use now," thought poor Alice, "to pretend be two people!
"Why, there's hardly enough of me left to make one respectable person!"

Offline RandiL

• Formerly RandyL
  • On the way
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2021, 12:30:53 pm »
This topic made me think of an interesting video from Dr. Z PhD in YouTube where she addressed the question of people in transition who don't think they ever want surgery but later discover that they do. It's not a question of cycles, but in what she described it's a matter of clearing the decks by taking steps that were holding you back, and then from this new perspective you find that further steps are beckoning.

I went through cycles while I was still married and struggling to suppress all this. Once we separated and I was free, it's been more like stepwise progress rather than cycles.

Sent from my dual-floppy Victor 9000 using Tapatalk

Forging my new, best life as Randi

My personal blog thread: Randi the lost traveler, finding the right road at last

My HRT thread: Randi's HRT Journal

Offline Peeptoe

« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2021, 12:40:23 pm »
@Pammie, Sarah - I'm genuinely happy for everyone the works out well.

My decision is to take steps further, not only talking about it. Since I opened the proverbial flood gates, all things start to make sense. I relaxed a bit and started to look towards a goal. Happy Friday to everyone!

Offline DKTGSupport

« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2021, 04:14:37 pm »
This topic made me think of an interesting video from Dr. Z PhD in YouTube where she addressed the question of people in transition who don't think they ever want surgery but later discover that they do. It's not a question of cycles, but in what she described it's a matter of clearing the decks by taking steps that were holding you back, and then from this new perspective you find that further steps are beckoning.

I went through cycles while I was still married and struggling to suppress all this. Once we separated and I was free, it's been more like stepwise progress rather than cycles.

I was thinking about Dr Z when I went through the post. I wanted to post a link but you came ahead of me  ;D :icon_cool:
"I wish there was another sex, a neutral one. One with no parts. One that was outside of the whole reproduction thing. Then people would never even see me as an option. That would be really nice."

Genderrelated accounts : AVEN / Youtube

Tags: