News and Events > Science & Medical News

'Keeps me up at night': Doctors who care for transgender minors brace for bans

(1/1)

Laura1951:
'Keeps me up at night': Doctors who care for transgender minors brace for bans

https://www.nbcnews.com/nbc-out/out-politics-and-policy/keeps-night-doctors-care-transgender-minors-brace-bans-rcna1048

NBC News by Jo Yurcaba on May 27, 2021

Dr. Stephanie Ho, a family medicine physician in Fayetteville, Arkansas, said she’s had state legislators in her exam room before.

Ho, who has provided gender-affirming care to transgender people in the state since 2015, is also an abortion provider, so she is familiar with lawmakers' restricting the care she provides. She said she wasn’t surprised when the Legislature overrode Gov. Asa Hutchinson’s veto of a bill last month that would ban puberty blockers, hormones and surgery for transgender minors. 
==============

“I think that it's kind of ridiculous that we've gotten to the point that we're letting politicians dictate how health care is delivered and what kind of care can be given to whom,” said Ho.

Gertrude:

--- Quote from: Laura1951 on May 28, 2021, 10:17:00 am ---'Keeps me up at night': Doctors who care for transgender minors brace for bans

https://www.nbcnews.com/nbc-out/out-politics-and-policy/keeps-night-doctors-care-transgender-minors-brace-bans-rcna1048

NBC News by Jo Yurcaba on May 27, 2021

Dr. Stephanie Ho, a family medicine physician in Fayetteville, Arkansas, said she’s had state legislators in her exam room before.

Ho, who has provided gender-affirming care to transgender people in the state since 2015, is also an abortion provider, so she is familiar with lawmakers' restricting the care she provides. She said she wasn’t surprised when the Legislature overrode Gov. Asa Hutchinson’s veto of a bill last month that would ban puberty blockers, hormones and surgery for transgender minors.
==============

“I think that it's kind of ridiculous that we've gotten to the point that we're letting politicians dictate how health care is delivered and what kind of care can be given to whom,” said Ho.

--- End quote ---

I would throw it back to them, who are the death panels now?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version