Community Conversation > Crossdresser talk

women's clothing is usually larger in size?

(1/3) > >>

mf2020:
I am quite a fat guy and in most cases I have to get L (Large) or XL (Extra Large) for any ordinary men clothes, recently I am getting addicted to and trying women's pants and tights and tops, etc. I found that for skin-tight legging, M (Medium) could even fit me well, I could never, ever fit any men's M size comfortably.

I don't understand. Shouldn't women's clothes be usually smaller for the same size because men are often taller and "fatter" than women??

Um....btw, I have fat breasts, what is usually my size for women's top? (my breasts size measured around the nipples = 102 cm when relaxed

Rachel Montgomery:
There are a couple of things at play here. 

1) When it comes to bottoms (pants, etc), women are generally fuller through the hips and thighs.  So, while the waist size may be one measure, it will overall be loose if it was designed for a woman of that waist size.

2)  Women have egos, and the numerical value of clothing size matters a great deal to them (us).  A lot of women won't buy anything over a size _____ (whatever their never exceed number is).  So, some designers started making clothing a little more generous, so that when women tried on their brand, they were quite pleased with what size fit (as opposed to being horrified).  Therefore, now most brands are somewhat generous in their sizing.  Based on published numbers, I should wear a size larger than actually fits well.

Pammie:

--- Quote from: Rachel Montgomery on May 28, 2021, 01:18:59 pm ---There are a couple of things at play here. 

1) When it comes to bottoms (pants, etc), women are generally fuller through the hips and thighs.  So, while the waist size may be one measure, it will overall be loose if it was designed for a woman of that waist size.

2)  Women have egos, and the numerical value of clothing size matters a great deal to them (us).  A lot of women won't buy anything over a size _____ (whatever their never exceed number is).  So, some designers started making clothing a little more generous, so that when women tried on their brand, they were quite pleased with what size fit (as opposed to being horrified).  Therefore, now most brands are somewhat generous in their sizing.  Based on published numbers, I should wear a size larger than actually fits well.

--- End quote ---
I think that might be localised, I actually think that it differs greatly by brand. Anything produced in China is automatically smaller (seriously!) there are some brands I have to buy 2 sizes bigger in which I hate doing but love the brand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mf2020:

--- Quote from: Rachel Montgomery on May 28, 2021, 01:18:59 pm ---There are a couple of things at play here. 

--- End quote ---

Hello, great points!

I am looking at a piece of women's Ygao top which is made of flexible Nylon and supposed to be skin-tight, the number for size S is 64cm for breasts, size M is 68cm while size L is 72cm (all for breasts). They advertise with a model who puts on size S very nicely and she has breasts size 80cm. I am hesitating between size M and size L.... I cannot decide... while I am expecting tight fit (I like skin-tight), I'm worried that size M is too small and I will break it, while size L may not be skin-tight enough. By your experience, what is your guess?

Return is difficult and full of trouble here. I'm not in Uk

Rachel Montgomery:
Pammie, you are thin.  It may only apply to larger sizes?

But, yes.  Every brand has a different cut, and some items within a brand fit differently.  For example, if you want Levi brand jeans, you should probably try them on, because three identical pair might each fit differently.  We aren’t talking MUCH differently, but enough to like the way one pair fits over the other.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version