Author Topic: At what point in your transition did you feel happier than before transitioning?  (Read 1351 times)

Offline Harley Quinn

• Family
  • I am crazy... Crazy like a fox!
I am learning to enjoy this journey with a sense of humor!  Lol

that right there is the way to do it. 
At what point did my life go Looney Tunes? How did it happen? Who's to blame?... Batman, that's who. Batman! It's always been Batman! Ruining my life, spoiling my fun! >:-)

Offline Rakel

• Formerly known as Dani
  • Rakel@susans.org
For myself, there was never one point. It was a gradual increase with no thoughts of ever going back.

The most important point is where I accepted myself. Then, the start of hormone therapy was another high point. Another high point is when I woke up from GCS, I noticed that my dysphoria issues were immediately gone.

After these plateaus were achieved, my transition has continued to be on an upward climb, with each day getting better than the day before. Life goes on and I am happy for it.

Retired Pharmacist with over 40 years experience in Hospital and Retail Pharmacies.
I still keep my professional licence active and in good standing.

Online ChrissyRyan

• Have a gentle manner ❤️
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
Each time your body changes a little bit for the better!

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline sarahc

• Sarah
Honestly, the #1 thing that made me happier was: (1) being out to most people and (2) almost all of whom accepted and embraced me after I came out. The physical stuff is nice, but without the social connection, I think it would have felt pretty empty.

The #2 thing was completing the initial recovery of SRS, which meant that I didn't have any more surgeries to prepare for and I could just start living.

Sarah
----
48 years young.
Known that I am trans since...forever.
First therapy session / decided to transition / hair removal: October 2018
HRT: January 2019 (journal https://www.susans.org/forums/index.phpVF/topic,244009.0.html)
VFS: September 2019; three-month report here
Full-time: April 2020
FFS: August 2020
SRS: January 2021

Offline SarahEL

• Oh no, I have said too much, I haven't said enough...
  • Family
  • That's me in the corner.... That's me in the photo
For me, making that decision that going FT was the right and irreversible thing for me to do... Understanding that 'this is me' and what ever happens can only be better... Self acceptance is a powerful thing indeed.

Oh, life is bigger,  It's bigger Than you and you are not me
The lengths that I will go to.  The distance in your eyes

R.E.M. - Losing My Religion

Online ChrissyRyan

• Have a gentle manner ❤️
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
For me, making that decision that going FT was the right and irreversible thing for me to do... Understanding that 'this is me' and what ever happens can only be better... Self acceptance is a powerful thing indeed.

Agreed.  Self-acceptance is very powerful.

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
@sarahc
Dear Sarah:
Yes indeed, social connections with supportive and accepting people and with old and new friends is a key element in being happy with transition...
... and yes, with your big surgery out of the way and DONE, finally starting to live as Sarah is a very satisfying experience.   
I am very happy for you....  thank you for sharing.
HUGS   
Danielle

Honestly, the #1 thing that made me happier was: (1) being out to most people and (2) almost all of whom accepted and embraced me after I came out. The physical stuff is nice, but without the social connection, I think it would have felt pretty empty.

The #2 thing was completing the initial recovery of SRS, which meant that I didn't have any more surgeries to prepare for and I could just start living.

Sarah
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 41

Offline Rebecca28

Thanks everyone for opening my eyes to this topic. Very interesting. Hugs Rebecca

Offline Ejo

• Ella
  • Neighbor
  • Post op Lesbian Trans Female- Demi and Monogamous
I am currently 53.   I have learned one important thing throughout my life.  Happiness is not a destination, but a way of travel.  Find the most minute details that make you happy in your every day life and think about how many people don't even own a pair of shoes!  Make the best of each day and you will find happiness when you realize that contentment is only real when you can be happy with what you have and you are able to loose all desire for what you cannot be nor achieve, while always knowing that you are doing your best :)
"The secret of contentment is knowing how to enjoy what you have, and to be able to lose all desire for things beyond your reach.”

Offline davina61

• The ramblings of an old dear
The moment I moved into my own flat and could be my true self (and getting away from the ex!!)
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever.
I get pushed out of shape and its hard to steer when I get rubber in all 4 gears (Beach Boys ,little deuce coupe)

Offline Rebecca28

EJO,

What you wrote is so well said. I really needed to read that first thing today. You are so right. it’s so easy to miss and over look happy little things though out our days because of all of life’s negativity and distractions. Thanks for your wonderfully said post!! Hugs Rebecca

Offline Rebecca28

davina61
The moment I moved into my own flat and could be my true self (and getting away from the ex!!)

I can completely relate to that feeling of freedom and happiness. What an awesome feeling.

Hugs, Rebecca

Offline IWish

• Neighbor
The day I came out at work ....told my children (supportive) and my parents who basically disowned me but still a huge weight lifted.
Along with the day I started HRT.

Carrie
IWish I was born a girl !

Offline Emileeeee

Probably about a year after I went full time. It's so strange too, because I don't remember what dysphoria felt like other than that I was obsessed with it.

Offline noleen111

• Family
For me, it was that first estrogen shot, i swear I could feel it moving through my body. I had being on t-blocker before that first shot, but knowing I had estrogen flowing in my veins and I was on the way to becoming the woman I knew I always was made me feel happy.

I remember, when my nipples started getting sensitive, i was even happier, as I knew my female puberty had began and the estrogen was doing its thing. When my nipples began to swell and began to have a more female look, I was in cloud nine, when breast buds formed.. wow.. can you go higher in cloud 9, that is when I changed, i began to become more confident and that changed my life.

Enjoying ride the hormones are giving me... finally becoming the woman I always knew I was

Tags: