Community Conversation > Post operative life

looking to the future when I'm an 80 yeat old tg post op.

(1/2) > >>

warlockmaker:
Looking into the future when I am 80+ yrs old. My family has long life genes most living into the 100s. There are a couple of health concerns which relate to being post op tg.
1. Do I continue my HRT. Dont like the feelings of a menopause. Felt this before surgery when requied to stop 2 weeks before. I was irritable, poor sleep and not happy
2. I have breast implants, silicon implants have a 10 + years lifespan. Going under general anesthesia in bad for our health and brain (often can cause an onset of dementia). What should I do? Have a new impant at 80 and hope it holds up intil I'm gone?

Rakel:
This will be my situation in about 9 years from now.  :o

What I have decided to do is to take my health issues seriously and just do what I need to do. Diet and exercise are number one and two on my things to do list. Hormones can be continued at low blood levels as long as there are no other conflicting health issues. Notice that I did not say low doses. As people age, our kidney and liver functions decrease which may cause higher blood levels with your previous dose. Continual monitoring of your overall health will keep you safe and if the hormones give you a higher quality of life, then I say, go for it.

The current recommendation is for breast implants to be replaced at 10 years. However, many women have had their implants much longer than that. As long as the implant is not leaking and in good condition, I am not aware of any reason to replace or remove them. Today's silicone implants are mostly of the gummy bear variety, that do not leak even if punctured.

The important thing to remember is that with a good annual physical exam, we can extend our lives as much as possible. We just need to address any situations that come up in a proper manner with current medical technology.

Finally, I must say that nobody lives forever. Our death is going to happen one of these days. A good quality of life until that day, is what we want and deserve.

Take care.  :-*

warlockmaker:
"As people age, our kidney and liver functions decrease which may cause higher blood levels with your previous dose. Continual monitoring of your overall health will keep you safe and if the hormones give you a higher quality of life, then I say, go for it."

Never considered this point. Thank you

AnonyMs:
I’d look into breasts fat transfer with Dr Bednar of North Carolina, USA as soon as possible. He appears to be the best at this in the world and it will give you an idea of what’s possible. His Facebook group has many incredible results. If he’s unable to do it for whatever reason then perhaps someone else can. The results are permanent after the first few months and you can be fairly slim and still get good results. I don’t know if he has an age/health limit, and he doesn’t operate out of a hospital, and he uses a CRNA. I guess you could work around some of that if you wanted to.

The hormone issue is medically really unclear but my current plan is that I’d rather die that stop, so that’s  what will probably happen.

Dorit:
I am so enjoying my life now that I don't think too much about the future.  I am gifted with good health, even after four trans surgeries in my seventies.  I had my six month endo appointment last week and the doctor recommended lowering my estrogen dose considering my age.  I had to agree, even though I feel and look like I am in my 50's!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version