Community Conversation > Coming out of the closet

Coming out at work soon

<< < (4/4)

Pammie:

--- Quote from: RandiL on June 04, 2021, 03:34:41 pm ---@Emileeeee What your company did was interesting, just introduced you as a new employee and left it at that. That could be an useful, and politically correct way to address it.

@Angelaney I appreciate your concern. It's true that laws mean little if individuals don't do their part. I have hope based on my experiences here in my city, despite its conservative reputation. But yes it's likely there will be those who are unsupportive. I have a good reputation in the organization and I'm so old, ahem I mean senior, that most likely few if any will be negative to my face.

@Faith that's a good point about the pluses of communicating in person. I'll give that some serious thought.

@Oldandcreaky thank you for believing in me. I hope I live up in real life to my reputation around here. Your recommendation of caution resonates based on what you've said about your own experiences, and I've already begun limiting my self disclosure. I tend to be an open book so this is a change for me.

Sent from my dual-floppy Victor 9000 using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---
I think it’s natural and right to start slow though, as I said earlier in this thread working with HR to plan your path and get them in your team.
I found that I moved from seeking stealth to being openly and publicly trans and im really comfortable in this place but I did it at my speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RandiL:

--- Quote from: Pammie on June 04, 2021, 04:28:10 pm ---I think it’s natural and right to start slow though, as I said earlier in this thread working with HR to plan your path and get them in your team.
I found that I moved from seeking stealth to being openly and publicly trans and im really comfortable in this place but I did it at my speed.

--- End quote ---

Well I'm not sure how slow I'll be starting as my plan is to wear skirts and dresses at the start to ensure I'm seen as female. Lol

I intend to be openly trans, not stealth at all. There's no hiding, unless I just stay in my cubicle. Since nearly everybody has known me for years I'll try to be an ambassador and show them that trans people are not to be feared, and we are just normal humans trying to get along.

Pammie:

--- Quote from: RandiL on June 04, 2021, 06:24:03 pm ---
Well I'm not sure how slow I'll be starting as my plan is to wear skirts and dresses at the start to ensure I'm seen as female. Lol

I intend to be openly trans, not stealth at all. There's no hiding, unless I just stay in my cubicle. Since nearly everybody has known me for years I'll try to be an ambassador and show them that trans people are not to be feared, and we are just normal humans trying to get along.

--- End quote ---
When I said start slow I was absolutely not talking about presentation but more about not shouting it from the rooftops and self publicising

RandiL:

--- Quote from: Pammie on June 04, 2021, 06:26:26 pm ---When I said start slow I was absolutely not talking about presentation but more about not shouting it from the rooftops and self publicising

--- End quote ---
I think this is good advice. A number of people on here said something similar.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version