Author Topic: HRT and sleep issues  (Read 284 times)

Offline Rebecca28

HRT and sleep issues
« on: June 02, 2021, 07:48:19 am »
Ladies,

Does anyone wake up in the middle of the night because of hormones? I am going to sleep doctor next week. But a friend said maybe it’s your hormones. I have never seen anything written on this. Wanted to ask all you for your help. It’s not every night but a couple a week. I do have a cpap and sleep apnea. I may just need my machine adjusted. I don’t know. It still makes me wonder if some how the hormones are playing a part in this. Any help is appreciated! Hugs, Rebecca

Online Kalandrina

Re: HRT and sleep issues
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2021, 01:52:36 pm »
I have cpap and acute sleep apnea, and not noticed any awakenings due to being on HRT. Only time i wake is because of the mask moving if i have a restless night or hole in the fitting or pipe.
This ain't a song for the broken-hearted
No silent prayer for the faith-departed
I ain't gonna be just a face in the crowd
You're gonna hear my voice
When I shout it out loud
It's my life
It's now or never
I ain't gonna live forever
I just want to live while I'm alive
(It's my life)
My heart is like an open highway
Like Frankie said
I did it my way
It's my life

Offline Rebecca28

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2021, 08:56:48 pm »
Kalandria,

Thanks for the response. I was able to get into the doc today. My cpap had an sd card in it. Every thing came back good really good. I thought for sure I was going back to the sleep lab. HRT can affect sleep. Theres a bunch of other factors as well. But unbeknownst to me it can affect sleep in trans women. Very interesting and something you don’t hear much about. Hugs, Rebecca

Online Kalandrina

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2021, 03:54:25 am »
I am now around 7-8 KG from my ideal BMI of 25, which is great as they have said once i can get to 75 they will book me in for a full recheck on my sleep condition. When i was last tested it was 49/60 which means i stop breathing 49 times and hour :)
This ain't a song for the broken-hearted
No silent prayer for the faith-departed
I ain't gonna be just a face in the crowd
You're gonna hear my voice
When I shout it out loud
It's my life
It's now or never
I ain't gonna live forever
(It's my life)
My heart is like an open highway
Like Frankie said
I did it my way
It's my life

Offline Rakel

• Formerly known as Dani
  • Rakel@susans.org
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2021, 05:28:52 am »
There are many reasons for sleep issues and a proper diagnosis is essential to finding a way to resolve anyone's sleeping issues. Sleep apnea and prostate/urinary issues are just two of the most common causes. Lack of hormones resulting in Menopause symptoms can also cause sleep issues.

Now, if any of the above issues do not apply to you, then you might want to take a look at this article that explains normal, healthy effects of hormones on sleep.

https://www.yalemedicine.org/news/women-are-your-hormones-keeping-you-up-at-night

Retired Pharmacist with over 40 years experience in Hospital and Retail Pharmacies.
I still keep my professional licence active and in good standing.

Offline Rebecca28

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2021, 12:37:54 pm »
Rakel,

Thank  you so much. It’s been 3 nights in a row up between 3am - 4am. Awake for an am hour or two then back out. It’s frustrating especially on days I work early. I will keep searching. I am getting ready to go full time in about 3 more weeks so that’s probably a huge part of it. We will see, Hugs Rebecca

Tags: