Author Topic: Hello from India  (Read 227 times)

Offline sara_malik

• Visitor
Hello from India
« on: June 06, 2021, 01:01:35 am »
Hello I am Sara and I am new here. I am 20. I am a student. And I started hrt on March 30 this year. I have had dysphoria since I was 11 (somewhat around 11). And I used to constantly run from this fact hoping my dysphoria will go away. But last year I finally made my decision to transition. My parents are abusive and religious fanatics. My hometown might be the last place where you would want to be a trans person. But I am trying to get a job and move out of this place so that I can finally live a life. I am not out to anybody yet except some online forums. But I am kind of happy or if not happy than determined about taking a step forward in my transition. I joined this forum to meet some like minded people. Maybe learn a few things, or share a thing or two. I hope everyone have a great day.

Peace :icon_bunch:

Offline Rakel

• Formerly known as Dani
  • Rakel@susans.org
Re: Hello from India
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2021, 07:06:05 am »
Welcome to Susan's Place.

Many of us were in the same situation you are in right now. Transition has it's costs. The most deeply hurtful costs are being rejected by family and friends because of who we are. Many of us stay hidden for years because those personal costs are too much to bear.

Financial costs can be overwhelming. It is extremely important to have a plan for transition and your life afterwards. Plan on finding some way to support yourself. Many of us find that many employers do not want to hire us after we transition. There are ways to deal with this, such as being self employed or going stealth. What ever you do, have a plan that works for you.

Take care.  :-*

Retired Pharmacist with over 40 years experience in Hospital and Retail Pharmacies.
I still keep my professional licence active and in good standing.

Offline Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2021, 09:14:09 am »
Hello I am Sara and I am new here. I am 20. I am a student. And I started hrt on March 30 this year. I have had dysphoria since I was 11 (somewhat around 11). And I used to constantly run from this fact hoping my dysphoria will go away. But last year I finally made my decision to transition. My parents are abusive and religious fanatics. My hometown might be the last place where you would want to be a trans person. But I am trying to get a job and move out of this place so that I can finally live a life. I am not out to anybody yet except some online forums. But I am kind of happy or if not happy than determined about taking a step forward in my transition. I joined this forum to meet some like minded people. Maybe learn a few things, or share a thing or two. I hope everyone have a great day.

Peace :icon_bunch:

@sara_malik
Dear Sara:
Thank you for following the LINK that I gave to you to come here to the Introductions Forum.
It is good that you introduced yourself to tell more members about yourself.

In my reply to your previous posting yesterday when I Officially Welcomed you to Susan's Place
I had given you important information and rules that will help you to navigate safely around
the forums.  Please take some time to read over the information.

I will be eagerly looking for your future posting around the Forums.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact me
via E-Mail at   northernstargirl@susans.org

Warm Regards... and again Welcome to Susan's Place and the Forums.
Danielle 
Global Moderator

***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 41

Offline Rachel Montgomery

• Family
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2021, 03:30:12 pm »
Hi and welcome.

I am much older (58) and STILL haven't come out to my parents.  I really feel the need to NOT come out to them.  Mom doesn't forgive certain things, and Dad seeks to control everyone around him.  And, they say I am going to Hell already, but if they knew I am trans, they would actively seek to make me miserable, in an effort to prevent me from transitioning.

Get out from under your parents as soon as you can.  That's my advice.  Don't accept any gifts with strings attached.  They can bind you up.

Tags: