Author Topic: A good basic for a Beginner  (Read 770 times)

Offline MartinMonroe

• Visitor
A good basic for a Beginner
« on: June 09, 2021, 05:14:13 am »
Hello,

I am almost new to crossdressing, but I like it. My goal is to enjoy the nightlife if it is avaible again. I have some questions.

A short story of my experience up to now: I am part of  group of amateur actors that plays on small stages and in pubs. It is mostly comedy and we sometimes need a female role and so I do the "sacrifice" for my fellows.  ;) I am in the comfortable situation that it is accepted as a part of my role and that everybody knows I am a man and if I cannot cover it perfect nobody cares. Nobody knows how much I like it and that I am not always rehearse if I am dressed up at home. To be honest I prefer to rehearse without costume. So all I do is a bra with socks, a wig, makeup and unisex clothes. Really rare tights and shoes. I have only one pair that is too big and that doesn't work well on stage.

Last weekend I dressed for myself at home, but I was unhappy with my waist. Maybe also with the socks in the bra.

I tried to find shapewear but I don't know how to find the right size.

Height 65 inch, waist/hips/bustline between 29 and 30 inch. How can I translate that when shopping clothes?

What clothes would be a good basic?

And what are the alternatives to socks for boobs? How to start if I am looking for a reasonable compromise between low budget and suitable for the nightlife? I am not sure if socks are okay anyway.

All in all I would like to calculate what the cost and if I would give it a try for that price.

Is there anything else you would consider as a basic for a crossdresser male to female.

How do I react on a doorkeeper asking for my ID? I would prefer if everybody thinks I am a girl. Or is that not possible at all?

Your MartinMonroe

Online Maid Marion

Re: A good basic for a Beginner
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2021, 05:39:39 am »
Hi MartinMonroe,

65 inches is 5 ft 5 inches, which is very close the average height of a genetic girl or GG (64 in USA)

It sounds like you are a thin rectangle.
If you don't need to show cleavage, you could wear a padded bra.  I have 32A padded bras from VS to go to 32C.
They have sales twice a year--there should be another sale real soon now, as it usually the 2nd week of June.

Showing cleavage can be done with silicone breast forms. The smallest, 250 grams each, and I go from 32A to 32C.
Some bras are designed to hold inserts or forms.  Too much will make you look top heavy.  Adding to the hips  is harder.

I'd suggest trying on Juniors size small.  Perhaps size 3 pants. But, sizing is notoriously inconsistent.
I started out measuring stuff with a tape measure before trying on, so I didn't waste my time with stuff that was really big.  Now I can just eyeball stuff.

Marion

Offline MartinMonroe

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2021, 08:57:38 am »
Thanks. Are my hips too small?

I found an other shapewear but it says: size XS (34) / waist 66 cm / hips 90 cm. That is still to big for me or?

Online Maid Marion

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2021, 10:57:39 am »
If your hips are just 30 inches XS 34 inches may be too big for you.

Women typically gain weight easily around the hips.  It is common for women to be a little wider around the hips than bust.

There are smaller sizes than XS size 2, but I don't know how many really thin women need shapeware, which is normally designed to pull in the tummy.  I've never needed clothes to do that.

Marion

Offline MartinMonroe

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2021, 04:07:08 pm »
Maybe it is enough if I lose my little covid tummy. Now I noticed that woman sometimes look the same, if they don't wear form-fitting clothes. Maybe a tapered top is enough, but then really the belly/tummy has to disappear too.

Did anyone try to put rice in a thight to fill the bra? I saw that in a video today, but I am not sure if it is for daily use, because that was a transgender with the goal to decide how the boob job's result should look like.

Online Maid Marion

Offline RandiL

• Formerly RandyL
  • On the way
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2021, 08:31:29 pm »
I like tops that are cut with a somewhat narrower waist and then flare out a little at the hips. Even though my body isn't shaped that way, it provides the illusion. Not too tight though.

For breasts I used to fill plastic newspaper delivery bags with water. They were nice and jiggly, although they would fall out if my bra wasn't full coverage lol. Had to go through a lot of bags to find some that didn't leak.

You can also buy silicone "chicken cutlets" breast enhancers that some women wear to look bigger. They're under $40 for a pair on Amazon.

Sent from my dual-floppy Victor 9000 using Tapatalk

Forging my new, best life as Randi

My personal blog thread: Randi the lost traveler, finding the right road at last

My HRT thread: Randi's HRT Journal

Offline Rakel

• Formerly known as Dani
  • Rakel@susans.org
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2021, 09:10:12 pm »
Good evening MartinMonroe,

I see that this is your first post here on Susan's Place and I would like to take a few moments to officially welcome you to our little corner of the internet.  We are a supportive website for everyone with any kind of gender related issue. We do have Terms of Service and I will post links to the Terms of Service and other important information below. We are moderated within the Terms of Service because we have many members here who are underage and we must keep Susan's Place Family Friendly for those members.
_______________________________________________________________________________________

Things that you should read
____________________________________________________________________________________

And now back to your question.

Women's fashion vary so much that the only reliable way to get a good fit is to try them on.

If shopping in a retail store is not for you, then mail order companies that offer free returns are a viable option. Once you know your size from any specific manufacturer, you can confidently reorder the same size for additional items.

It works for me.  :-*

Retired Pharmacist with over 40 years experience in Hospital and Retail Pharmacies.
I still keep my professional licence active and in good standing.

Offline MartinMonroe

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2021, 05:32:11 pm »
Okay, what do I want to say. Thank you for the warm reception.

First: I bought balloons and I fill them with water. I tried 250 ml and 500 ml. 250 ml felt really okay, but the one bra I have is C-cup and with 500 ml the cups are full or almost. I was surprised that it worked, but I am affraid that they will crack in the worst moment possible. 250 ml is also okay but maybe in a smaller bra. (Next step could be cleavage. I think it is interesting.)

@RandiL
Did the  plastic newspaper delivery bags crack sometimes? How can you prevent?

Second: Shopping. I don't really think that it would be a big thing for me to buy clothes in the local shop. I did with the bra, too. I was prepared for an akward reaction, but it didn't happen. I was surprised that the sales woman treat me like I bought a pair of socks. I think I would say that it is for my girl friend or my cousin. I don't know if that sounds true, but I cannot imagine that anyone would start a discussion about it. But it is pointless somehow because the real benefit of visiting the store should be that I can use the changeroom.

So I would go there with my bra on, but I am maybe not want to put make up on and don't have a wig that I feel comfortable with. They look very used. I have only the bra on and I could understand if the sales (wo)man is distrusting me and want to check if I hide something to steal it. I would feel unconfortable if I have to pra and put the balloons or socks there on a table. If I would know that they only ask a question or try to start an akward talk. I would say something like: "It is what it looks like. Are you not allowed to sell to people like me? I can leave if you wish." But I  am affraid that I have to undress parts of the outfit. I am used to be bold, but that would destroy my self-confidence. What do I have to expect? (edit note: I just want to add how insecure I am about that part. It is possible that I tell lies to myself. But the rollercoaster of emotions is part of the attraction of crossdressing to me.)

The rectangle now reminds me of my ex girl friend. She loved dressing and she knows what she is doing. I will study some photos. I never thought we could go partner look. But I will not ask her, she wouldn't be amused. She didn't like gays and I won't know what she thinks about this.

MartinMonroe
« Last Edit: June 11, 2021, 11:34:58 am by MartinMonroe »

Offline RandiL

• Formerly RandyL
  • On the way
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2021, 10:37:32 pm »

@RandiL
Did the  plastic newspaper delivery bags crack sometimes? How can you prevent?

Once I found bags that didn't leak, or at least only very slowly, I kept them for a long time and kept reusing them. Sometimes I had to undo the rubber bands and refill then because the water evaporated. I never had one break, even when it fell out onto the ground although they could develop tiny pinhole leaks.

Second: Shopping. I don't really think that it would be a big thing for me to buy clothes in the local shop. I did with the bra, too. I was prepared for an akward reaction, but it didn't happen. I was surprised that the sales woman treat me like I bought a pair of socks. I think I would say that it is for my girl friend or my cousin. I don't know if that sounds true, but I cannot imagine that anyone would start a discussion about it. But it is pointless somehow because the real benefit of visiting the store should be that I can use the changeroom.

So I would go there with my bra on, but I am maybe not want to put make up on and don't have a wig that I feel comfortable with. They look very used. I have only the bra on and I could understand if the sales (wo)man is distrusting me and want to check if I hide something to steal it. I would feel unconfortable if I have to pra and put the balloons or socks there on a table. If I would know that they only ask a question or try to start an akward talk. I would say something like: "It is what it looks like. Are you not allowed to sell to people like me? I can leave if you wish." But I  am affraid that I have to undress parts of the outfit. I am used to be bold, but that would destroy my self-confidence. What do I have to expect? (edit note: I just want to add how insecure I am about that part. It is possible that I tell lies to myself. But the rollercoaster of emotions is part of the attraction of crossdressing to me.)

I don't know what things are like where you live. I don't even try to look female when I shop for clothes, I just wear what I want and don't bother with makeup.

I tried on some women's jeans at Walmart. They have an attendant who counts the number of items you have when you go into the dressing room and makes sure you come out with the same number. She simply asked me if I wanted the men's jeans, but was fine when I said no, I want these.

Most other stores don't even watch who goes into the dressing room. I've never had any questions.

My personal blog thread: Randi the lost traveler, finding the right road at last

Offline Wendi

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2021, 08:25:53 am »
Try a baggie with uncooked rice. It works great and everyone typically has then in their kitchen.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Started HRT 1/3/2019

Offline MartinMonroe

• Visitor
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2021, 12:41:37 pm »
I don't know. Maybe I worry to much. Because of covid all the shops have the new way of online choosing and paying in the shop. I will do that in the shop that is next to the groceries and then I can try on at home.

I will try rice in baggies, too. The balloons got worn/wrinkled. I wouldn't wear them in public right now. Maybe the  plastic newspaper delivery bags are a better alternative.

I made some photos with an oversized top and a belt around the waist. It looks great.

I don't know what is recommended or welcome in the forum, but I feel like jumping to the next problems like the pop-up by solving previous problems.

I think it is about the face. I like and dislike makeup. It doesn't really feel good on my skin and that is what I dislike. Otherwise there are many choices possible by makeup. Is makeup important to cover some features up? I don't even know what features that are. I know my nose is big and female female noses are often small. But the other things I don't know what is a sign of masculinity.

What are babysteps to leave my house crossdressed and not hide at home for myself? Maybe video chat, did anyone do before?

MartinMonroe

Offline RandiL

• Formerly RandyL
  • On the way
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2021, 04:39:47 pm »
I participate in a video chat support group. It's nice to connect with people but hard to see what anybody's wearing. It's not like going out.

Like many here, I started going out at night, sometimes walking on neighborhood streets. You can also go for a drive. One of my friends locked her keys in the car while on her second day out and had to call a locksmith. It went fine even in the rural area where she was and perhaps helped her overcome her stage fright.

Tags: