Author Topic: Post-Op Orchiectomy on Estrogen: Libido, Erections & Ejaculation Possible?  (Read 3027 times)

Offline krobinson103

• Life is a journey, enjoy it!
Mine has shrunk so much that i can wear any kind of female bottom clothing (including bathing suits) that there is no hint of a bulge left.

What is an orgasm?  I lost all my memory about it!  I tried to stimulate myself with a vibrator a few times, but gave up after a while, because my arm got to tired!

I'm the opposite. My whole body became one big erogenous zone once I got my e numbers up. Its a matter of 10 seconds at most. Rather distracting!
Every day is a totally awesome day
Every day provides opportunities and challenges
Every challenge leads to an opportunity
Every fear faced leads to one more strength
Every strength leads to greater success
Success leads to self esteem
Self Esteem leads to happiness.
Cherish every day.

Offline PamelaMTF

Thanks for asking this question, Pamela, libido is not all that important to me and I am looking forward to it reducing to be honest but my wife is keen on being able to continue with 'business as usual' for as long as I can.

Thanks for the reply!  Yeah my wife is worried about problems with the plumbing post-op.  I am too to be honest.  I still love sex and have a high libido.  I'm still totally on the fence about going through with it.

Offline PamelaMTF

I'm the opposite. My whole body became one big erogenous zone once I got my e numbers up. Its a matter of 10 seconds at most. Rather distracting!

Dang that is crazy.  Hope that happens to me if I go through with it!!!  LOL

Offline PamelaMTF

This is my experience too.

You'll probably notice some shrinkage in penis size over time.

Orgasms tend to be more 'whole body', as Aoife says.

Good to know.  For those with shrinkage, do you have weekly erections?  I've ready the shrinkage is due to the penis not getting erect on a regular basis.  I've read that with testosterone, the nightly erections are actually to exercise the penis. So without "Exercising" it, shrinkage and atrophy can occur.. 

Offline krobinson103

• Life is a journey, enjoy it!
Thanks for the reply!  Yeah my wife is worried about problems with the plumbing post-op.  I am too to be honest.  I still love sex and have a high libido.  I'm still totally on the fence about going through with it.

I wouldn't be too worried. If your numbers are female normal and you don't have issues with it (ie no mental blocks) it should all work fine.
Every day is a totally awesome day
Every day provides opportunities and challenges
Every challenge leads to an opportunity
Every fear faced leads to one more strength
Every strength leads to greater success
Success leads to self esteem
Self Esteem leads to happiness.
Cherish every day.

Offline Linde

• Full time for some time
Good to know.  For those with shrinkage, do you have weekly erections?  I've ready the shrinkage is due to the penis not getting erect on a regular basis.  I've read that with testosterone, the nightly erections are actually to exercise the penis. So without "Exercising" it, shrinkage and atrophy can occur..
Erections are a long gone history for me.  I could not even use a urinal anymore, it would drible along my legs and make my shoes wet!

Offline MikeP

• Friend
Lots of great information here.  I am been seeing a therapist for over a year and have visited the urologist.  My wife is totally ok the idea but we both are concerned about how my energy will be effected.  I am not worried about physical strength but fear I would get the same tiredness many prostate cancer patients get when undergoing androgen deprivation without estrogen. 

Really wondering if the estrogen restores energy lost from testosterone.  I am not wanting to present female but really feel the need to eliminate some of overly masculine features and feelings I have.  Love to hear from others how they feel now. 

Linde,  I would hope to be like you physically and sexually.  Is less more? 
If you say you can or cant do something you are correct! Henry Ford

Offline Linde

• Full time for some time

Linde,  I would hope to be like you physically and sexually.  Is less more?
I don't know if less is more for everyone.  For me it means I can wear way more female stuff, because the less disappears more into almost nowhere.
Less libido is good for me, because I do not have a partner to live libido out with.

For as short time after the orchi i was still on low dose E, and I was not the wildest person in the world.  Than my E got doubled, and life turned back to almost normal.  I am now also on progesterone, which seems to give me another boost.  I would say that I am now pretty much there where I was prior to the orchi.  Now that I do not have to take any stuff o block testosterone, I really feel good.  I am glad I had the procedure done. But I want to be a woman, if you don't want to be a female, you have to think those things over, because the boobs will grow whether you want them or not!

Offline PamelaMTF

I wouldn't be too worried. If your numbers are female normal and you don't have issues with it (ie no mental blocks) it should all work fine.

Thanks so much krobinson103.  That is exactly what I was thinking and hoping. It really does seem like most that don't have a mental issue with their penis prior to orchi have less chance of losing the ability to have erections.  But yeah, there is just not a whole lot of info out there (Haven't seen any studies etc).

Offline AllieSF

• Ain't Life Grand!!
I think that you need more answers from more people.  Eliminating the main provider of T to the body can have some dramatic physical effects to the body, including potential loss of strength, erections, libido, etc.  Your own results may vary widely from someone else's.  Are you introducing E to replace what is lost?  My understanding that you need one dominant hormone to make the body function.  Then it depends on how much is actually needed.  That means maybe some longer term work with a good trans endocrinologist as both of you find the correct combination to make it all work.

You may want to try a T blocker first before surgery.  Maybe that will give you a truer picture of what may happen for you.  Surgery is so definitive and final.  You can leave that for the end.  Good luck with whatever you decide and let us know what works or does not work for you.
HRT - February 2017
Full Time - July 2018
Orchi - January 2018
BA - September 25, 2019
FFS - January 10, 2020
GRS - TBDDD (To Be Determined, Decision and Date)

Offline Jane.Shannon

I think that you need more answers from more people.  Eliminating the main provider of T to the body can have some dramatic physical effects to the body, including potential loss of strength, erections, libido, etc.  Your own results may vary widely from someone else's.  Are you introducing E to replace what is lost?  My understanding that you need one dominant hormone to make the body function.  Then it depends on how much is actually needed.  That means maybe some longer term work with a good trans endocrinologist as both of you find the correct combination to make it all work.

You may want to try a T blocker first before surgery.  Maybe that will give you a truer picture of what may happen for you.  Surgery is so definitive and final.  You can leave that for the end.  Good luck with whatever you decide and let us know what works or does not work for you.

This is great advice!
June 2021: Orchiectomy
July 2020: Full Time
Aug 2019: Started HRT
Dec 2019: Hair Feminization Surgery

Offline jackiefox5585

• Neighbor
  • First makeup success
Re: Post-Op Orchiectomy on Estrogen: Libido, Erections & Ejaculation Possible?
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2020, 01:13:17 am »
Three years transitioning and 4 months post orchi.

I have ten times the libido I ever had pre HRT.
I can get an erection but ejaculation never happens - apart from some clear liquid there is nothing there anyway.
I orgasm as a woman many many times which is way better than the male version.
I also get super sensitive skin, nipples etc which open up lots of other interesting ways to play.

All in all I have to say its a MAJOR upgrade.

wow. you almost have me sold lol
Peace is a lie
there is only passion
through Passion I gain strength
through Strength I gain power
Through power I gain victory
Through Victory my chains are broken
The force shall free me

Offline AJ

• AJ
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2020, 11:23:26 am »
I am one-year post orchie and 25 months HRT.
My libido is still there but it is controllable, and it was overwhelming before I transitioned.
Erections are happening, but I am smaller, and erections are harder to maintain.
About two drops come out at orgasm.
I no longer have intercourse because my wife doesn’t want it due to age related pain for her.
My skin is one big erogenous zone and the breasts/nipples are amazing.
Orgasms are hit or miss, but when they hit - wow!
For me it is more about foreplay and cuddling.
I am much happier this way…

Offline Barri

« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2020, 07:04:57 am »
LOTS of shrinkage here...about by half, after many years on HRT the erections are barely hard, only possible with great stimulus and no meaningful orgasm is possible.
I doubt penetration would even work.
Testes never shrank even a bit, am thinking about an orchi since they are useless at this point anyway
Born 1963
Knew I should be female 1972
Grew 18" in single year 1978
Resigned to self that I never will pass regardless, and will always and forever just be seen as a giant dude, but will pursue femme self ID anyway.
started HRT 2002 DIY
Prescribed legitimately 2012
Just going to be me.

Offline muyun

• Visitor
« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2020, 06:31:33 am »
i plan to do orchi too. I have the same worries as PamelaMTF.

Offline LeeWhite85

• Visitor
Hi krobinson103,
Can you tell me if you had a high libido prior?  I am trying to figure out how drive / desire prior effects the possibility of loss afterwards.  I have a very high sex drive and am thinking with a more feminine body (Happier self image) that would increase.  But I am scared to lose my libido as it is part of me and brings me a lot of joy.

Thank you so much!
Pam

As I understand it libido comes from testosterone, even in women.  So if your libido falls too much them you can add in a bit of T with a testosterone stick on patch.  While it might sound odd doing M2F and taking T but women have T too.  Sometimes women get a steroid injection for another medical condition and get a huge surge of lust.