Author Topic: Sleeping on stomach  (Read 330 times)

Offline Alongroad

• Visitor
Sleeping on stomach
« on: June 12, 2021, 02:32:46 pm »
Greetings

I checked the sleeping post and didn’t find an answer or perspective.

I am getting some sensitivity in my nipples and they are becoming hard as well, most of the time

My whole life I have been a stomach sleeper, however, now, even only a few short months into my hormone journey it is become tricky. I can only imagine when my breasts grow larger the challenges I will have. 

Cant sleep on my back. I am guessing that side sleeping will have to be the answer and I am just a bit curious if anyone else dealt with this or has any suggestions.

I knew softer skin, nipple changes, some tiredness and eric etc, never accounted for changing the way I have to sleep.

Online RandiL

• Formerly RandyL
  • On the way
Re: Sleeping on stomach
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2021, 02:54:56 pm »
I've always slept mostly on my side so it's been no change for me. It hurts my neck when I do sleep in my stomach, so I bring an arm up to cradle my forehead. Somehow in all this there's little pressure on my breasts and I don't feel pain. Ah well whodda thunk this would become a problem?

Sent from my dual-floppy Victor 9000 using Tapatalk

Forging my new, best life as Randi

My personal blog thread: Randi the lost traveler, finding the right road at last

My HRT thread: Randi's HRT Journal

Offline Wendi

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2021, 03:14:53 pm »
I like sleeping on my back but I do switch it up and I'm ok either way. The thing that gets me is when my dog jumps on the bed and hits my boobs.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Started HRT 1/3/2019

Offline Maid Marion

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2021, 03:17:43 pm »
When I started sleeping with my wife I switched to sleeping on my back.

Marion

Offline sarahc

• Sarah
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2021, 03:37:29 pm »
Stomach sleepers unite! This post totally hits home for me because I too was a stomach sleeper all my life before HRT. And I too CANNOT get to sleep on my back. My mind is just racing when I’m on my back and I can’t shut it off to go to sleep.

Then a couple months into HRT, yep, things got too sore to sleep on my stomach and was I bummed. So I eventually got used to having to sleep on my side - it took a few weeks. But it wasn’t and never has been been as good at stomach sleeping.

But then I got FFS, and while recovering from that, I was ordered to sleep on my back. Honestly, this was the worst part of FFS recovery. But it did force me to learn how to sleep on my back. The key is to use yoga-like exercises to focus on your breathing and really try to clear everything out of your mind. But even though I eventually got used to this, I didn’t enjoy sleeping on my back as much as sleeping in my side. Anyway, I re-used this relaxation technique during GCS recovery when once again I had to sleep on my back.

Fast forward to today, and guess what, even though my breasts are a little sore, I’m finding a position to sleep on my stomach. But this is 28 months into HRT and things are calming down in the boob area. I do end up eventually shifting onto my side, but at least starting in my stomach is very relaxing to me. I will say, if I had bigger boobs, I don’t think this would work. But with my B/C boobs, it’s fine.

I do miss being able to sleep on my stomach all night. Alas, one of the sacrifices of transition…

Sarah
----
48 years young.
Known that I am trans since...forever.
First therapy session / decided to transition / hair removal: October 2018
HRT: January 2019 (journal https://www.susans.org/forums/index.phpVF/topic,244009.0.html)
VFS: September 2019; three-month report here
Full-time: April 2020
FFS: August 2020
SRS: January 2021

Offline Gertrude

• Trudie
  • Family
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2021, 06:48:26 pm »
Never. always start on my side, usually my right side.

Offline Alongroad

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2021, 03:32:03 pm »
Thank you all for the interesting responses.

No big dogs jumping on me for sure.

Agreed, at least for me and the untied stomach sleepers, a better nights sleep on the stomach.

Indeed, cradling the arm helps and the comfort of a wife certainly makes change easier.

Even last night, when there is discomfort or slight pain, I smile to my face.  And, there is nothing wrong with going to sleep smiling.

Have a great day all!

Offline Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2021, 04:14:34 pm »
Once upon a time before HRT did it's magic I would frequently sleep on my stomach... but now with firm and full C-cup breasts, sleeping on my stomach can be done but it usually a short lived and uncomfortable experience before I finally roll on either side or my back.

I find great sleeping position comfort when cuddling with my tooth-fairy sweetie ... or if alone I will sleep comfortably on my side with a body pillow usually between my feet and lower legs...   
There are times that I will sleep on my back most of the night.

HUGS,
Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 41

Tags: