Author Topic: Spiro 2  (Read 216 times)

Offline iskra

• Neighbor
Spiro 2
« on: June 10, 2021, 01:49:07 pm »
I have been on the highest customary dose of Spiro for a week(I cannot report the dose but you can guess if you look at the ranges from reputable sources). This is following on a month at a lower dose. I have E pills as well which I have permission to take whenever I feel ready. I also want to mention my blood levels of T and E before I took  anything: the total T was 275 and the E was 10.
The Spiro has not made me pee but it seems to make everyone else who takes it pee so I don't get that. It also gives me a bit of brain fog and mental fatigue, and has made me a bit more irritable. I'm already an irritable  person so you can imagine that situation. My physical strength has diminished as can be seen from my Peleton workouts. The muscular definition in my legs has been reduced and my buttocks feel more cushy(I kinda like this). I also seem to crave salt more. Spiro seems well tolerated in my case.
I believe I will start the E soon but whether I will continue it cannot be known.

Online Devlyn

• The Forum Administrator
  • devlynmarie@susans.org
Re: Spiro 2
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2021, 02:54:04 pm »
How much water are you drinking? Dehydration can lead to the symptoms you're describing, and spiro is a diuretic, so yeah...
Veteran, US Army

Offline iskra

• Neighbor
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2021, 03:28:47 pm »
How much water are you drinking? Dehydration can lead to the symptoms you're describing, and spiro is a diuretic, so yeah...

I drink plenty of water. My doc says not everyone gets that big increase in urination so maybe I'm lucky in that respect. I can't say I like Spiro but it hasn't really presented any major side effects.

Online Devlyn

• devlynmarie@susans.org
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2021, 03:32:34 pm »
Can you quantify plenty? A lot of us here, including myself, were drinking about a gallon per day. My blood  pressure was dangerously low on spiro.
Veteran, US Army

Offline iskra

• Neighbor
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2021, 03:58:49 pm »
More than a gallon surely. A gallon out here in AZ is nothing. People go through water like crazy. The air is very dry and it's hot. My BP has been checked twice since I started Spiro and it's in normal range. I am in really good physical condition, objectively. I work hard at it. It's not surprising. My blood work was exceptionally good for anyone at any age, except for the relatively low T. Most people THINK they take care of themselves but objectively they do not. You may not have been a good candidate for Spiro due to poor physical conditioning.

Online Devlyn

• devlynmarie@susans.org
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2021, 04:17:10 pm »
LOL!   :laugh:

I'm in good shape, my blood pressure has always ranged from spot on to a bit low. Once I started spiro I  was getting scary BP numbers, in the range of hypotension.

Have a nice day.
Veteran, US Army

Offline iskra

• Neighbor
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2021, 07:16:14 pm »
LOL!   :laugh:

I'm in good shape, my blood pressure has always ranged from spot on to a bit low. Once I started spiro I  was getting scary BP numbers, in the range of hypotension.

Have a nice day.
sorry I didn't mean it that way. I have had periods when my conditioning was terrible due to extensive surgeries, illnesses or broken leg bones. I certainly had a great deal of deconditioning then and Spiro wouldn't have been a great idea. Also age is a consideration since we all get a little less robust physically over time. I don't think you necessarily are out of shape. I was thinking of a more general scenario, sort of like the general population. As to your BP, It may run low for some reason but I do not understand what drives BP anyway. I don't like thinking about it but I have been told that E can raise it.

Offline Rakel

• Formerly known as Dani
  • Rakel@susans.org
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2021, 07:58:57 am »
... As to your BP, It may run low for some reason but I do not understand what drives BP anyway. ...

Everybody's blood pressure is driven by your heart muscle, obviously. Think of your heart and blood vessels as an elastic container, because that is really what they are. If the volume inside that elastic container is too large, the container will be stretched and enlarged. The muscles in your heart work most efficiently at a certain size which is primarily determined by the pressure inside the heart and blood vessels. This is why blood pressure is a most important marker of a persons health. If a person has too much blood fluid in the cardiovascular system the pressure is too high and conversely, too low if not enough fluid. Good health is a balancing act of volume versus pressure.

Spironolactone was first promoted as a diuretic medication to treat high blood pressure. It helps the kidneys remove excess water from the blood and thereby lower blood pressure. Spironolactone was later found to block the Testosterone receptor sites in people and a slight amount of feminization happened in a small number of men.

I was taking Spironolactone for prostate issues when I was about 63 years old. This is standard therapy for this condition. I did experience a slight degree of feminization, but today I have ambivalent feelings about using Spironolactone for transition purposes. Once a person decides to commit to transition and start taking Estradiol, after about 6 months or so their bodies own production of Testosterone is diminished and the Spironolactone is unnecessary along with all the more unpleasant side effects of this medication.

Retired Pharmacist with over 40 years experience in Hospital and Retail Pharmacies.
I still keep my professional licence active and in good standing.

Offline RandiL

• Formerly RandyL
  • On the way
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2021, 11:10:11 pm »
I have been on injectable estradiol valerate for over 7 months now and as of a couple months ago my T was at 8. I have never taken Spiro. So while your doctor knows best, it is not a given that you need it.

Sent from my dual-floppy Victor 9000 using Tapatalk

Forging my new, best life as Randi

My personal blog thread: Randi the lost traveler, finding the right road at last

My HRT thread: Randi's HRT Journal

Tags: