Author Topic: Sticky question  (Read 454 times)

Offline tgibeth

• Visitor
Sticky question
« on: June 15, 2021, 12:03:59 pm »
Does male under arm odor/perspiration eventually dissipate? I find this very frustrating when wearing some of my favorite outfits. Any helpful suggestions would be appreciated.
   Beth

Online Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
Re: Sticky question
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2021, 12:49:02 pm »
Does male under arm odor/perspiration eventually dissipate? I find this very frustrating when wearing some of my favorite outfits. Any helpful suggestions would be appreciated.
   Beth
tgibeth
Dear Beth:
For me, HRT and hormone therapies did change the way that I sweat and changed my body odor.

This is not just an HRT hormone issue and is not just a male issue... both cis males and cis females can experience body odor on clothing, especially in warmer weather.
In my personal experience... the odor does not dissipate. 
Washing the clothing is best next action.

Obviously preventive measures are best... essential things like ample application of anti-antiperspirant underarm deodorants and frequent showers and daily (or more often) washing "pits and privates."

HUGS and best wishes,
Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 41

Offline Rakel

• Formerly known as Dani
  • Rakel@susans.org
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2021, 10:19:14 pm »
Perspiration is your body's way of cooling down. The fluids will evaporate relatively quickly, but they often leave an odor. Many people do not find daily odors objectionable unless the bacteria on the skin is a bit too much. Daily washing with soap and water will reduce bacteria to acceptable levels and reduce the objectional odors.

Some body odors are part of sexual attraction. Talking about pheromones' here. What one person finds objectional another person may find attractive.

Retired Pharmacist with over 40 years experience in Hospital and Retail Pharmacies.
I still keep my professional licence active and in good standing.

Offline Maid Marion

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2021, 04:55:01 am »
Yes, you can wear clothes that reduce the need to cool down.  When the weather gets hot I'll wear short shorts and a sleeveless tank top.  A crop top is cooler as it exposes more skin.

Shaving off body hair will also help. I'm cooler since I started shaving.
 In theory, many could also lose a few pounds, but that is easier said than done.

Cotton is inexpensive and comfortable, but there are newer fabrics that do a better job of keeping you cool.  I just bought an SPF 50 guide shirt from Eddie Bauer that is a polyester/nylon blend.  These new fabrics are great if you get caught in wet weather, as they don't soak up water like cotton.

Marion

Offline Lady Sarah

• Yes, it's another Sarah
  • Family
  • I love my hubby
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2021, 05:58:44 pm »
As a matter of fact, I found out I perspire more since being on HRT, but my smell has changed. During the hot summer months, I switched to thinner, lighter fabrics that allow my skin to breathe easier. Even more importantly, I make sure to drink more water than before, since I sweat out more. Heat exhaustion and heat stroke are dangers I have to keep in mind. You might want to keep that in mind as well, especially with record high temperatures being recorded almost daily.
started HRT: July 13, 1991
orchi: December 23, 1994
trach shave: November, 1998
married: August 16, 2015
Back surgery: October 20, 2016

I don't have wrinkles. I have wise cracks.

Online Nadine Spirit

• Little Mrs. Snarky
    • Unordinary Style
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2021, 08:10:50 am »
I sweat less and smell different, but neither has left entirely.  It used to be so bad with me that I discolored my side of the bed sheets dramatically.  Now that is totally gone.  But I can still for sure sweat like the dickens on those super hot days, like today with a predicted high of 113 degrees F. And I will definitely have a funk in my pits by this evening, lol. 

Offline Wendi

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2021, 05:45:20 pm »
I recommend shaving your armpits if you haven't already done so. It really helps.

Hugs

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
Started HRT 1/3/2019

Tags: