Author Topic: Belly  (Read 1338 times)

Offline crm36

• Visitor
Belly
« on: June 19, 2021, 12:37:57 pm »
What kind of exercises can I do to get rid of my belly fat? I look like I’m pregnant.

Offline Rakel

• Formerly known as Dani
  • Rakel@susans.org
Re: Belly
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2021, 08:34:05 pm »
Without looking at your specific situation, I can offer a few suggestions.

1. Lose more weight. I am a 100+ pound loser. I needed to lose the extra fat in order to be eligible for GCS. I lost my extra poundage by eating a diet mainly of vegetables and quantities appropriate for my weight loss.

2. Exercise. Aerobic if possible. I still do low impact aerobic exercises. Also any exercise that focuses on the waist, such as abdominal crunches and waist twisters.

3. Surgical. Liposuction and tummy tuck. Get a consult with a qualitied plastic surgeon.

I have done all three of these as I felt I needed at any given time. You must evaluate your own situation.

Good luck, try hard and take care.  :-*

Retired Pharmacist with over 40 years experience in Hospital and Retail Pharmacies.
I still keep my professional licence active and in good standing.

Offline Rachel

• Family
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2021, 10:12:35 pm »
Hi,

I lost a lot of weight. I am an alcoholic and had a horrible diet. I had to change my ways and I lost a lot of weight and am alcohol free 24 years in September. I had very bad diabetes type II. I am diabetes free as well. How I lost the weight back then was due to serious health issues.

When I was to have GCS I was 220 pounds and Dr. McGinn told me I was a 26 BMI but she wanted me to lose 40 pounds. I had tummy fat. Well I restricted carbs and lost the weight. I gained weight post GCS, not exercising and eating more calories as instructed cause a weight gain.

I eat Keto now and I weigh 170 pounds. I am 6'2 inches and I have very little body fat. I can see the veins on my tummy. I ate lunch and an hour later my blood sugar was 95. My HDL is 80. LDL and very dense LDL is in recommended limits.

I go to the gym and lift weights 3 times a week. I love the gym. I am regaining muscle lost during covid.

So I count my net carbs and keep it below 60 per day. I eat arugula, berries and strawberries every day. I love jalapenos and eat them every day, cooked and with cheese melted. I eat a lot of fat some protein and veggies.

I had a procedure to add fat to my vaginal area by Dr. McGinn. She said I will take some fat from your thigh and transplant it. She had to get the fat from both of my inner thighs and the entire thigh area. When I saw her for the post op check up she said I have very little fat in my thighs and it was tough to get enough fat.

I also only eat from noon to 6 PM. Lunch and a small snack for dinner such as cheese and a keto mix or Keto crackers.  I had cheese, strawberries and keto mix and keto crackers for dinner tonight.
MTF in need of help link https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,133631.1980.html
MTF in need of help 2 link https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,251825.0.html
HRT  5-28-2013
FT   11-13-2015
FFS   9-16-2016 -Spiegel
GCS 11-15-2016 - McGinn
Hair Grafts 3-20-2017 - Cooley
Voice therapy start 3-2017 - Reene Blaker
Labiaplasty 5-15-2017 - McGinn
BA 7-12-2017 - McGinn
Hair grafts 9-25-2017 Dr.Cooley
Sataloff Cricothyroid subluxation and trachea shave12-11-2017
Dr. McGinn labiaplasty, hood repair, scar removal, graph repair and bottom of  vagina finished. urethra repositioned. 4-4-2018
Dr. Sataloff Glottoplasty 5-14-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal in office procedure 10-22-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal revision 2 4-3-2019 Bottom of vagina closed off, fat injected into the labia and urethra repositioned.
Dr. Thomas FemLar 10/13/2020
Dr. Thomas laser vocal procedure 2/17/2021

Offline Angelaney

• Friend
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2021, 04:30:50 am »
It's really quite simple, forget the fad diets and special expensive foods.

Just exercise more and eat less.

Cut out the snacks, remove them completely, eating decent meals is important, if you don't eat enough at meal times, you just end up snacking more.

1 week of eating slightly less calories than you burn, makes a huge difference, but the challenge is to make lifestyle changes to maintain it.

Online Maid Marion

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2021, 05:45:04 am »
Get a kitchen scale and measure out what you eat.
Cook single portions of foods  to cut down on overeating.

Eat slowly.  It is OK to eat while cooking because it slows down the eating process.
If you eat slowly your brain gets the message that you don't need to eat more in time to process that information.

Cooking small portions allows me to affordably eat normally expensive foods like nice cuts of  steak.

Marion

Offline Rebecca28

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2021, 05:25:44 am »
CRM,

Glad you asked this question. I have an abdominal hernia. I am going in for surgery in August for it: I have noticed my stomach getting bigger though since I have been on HRT for 15 months. I hate that part of my transition. I know my body stores fat where women store it. Still frustrating. I have good blood work yet still struggle with this. I look forward to more of the responses in this thread for ideas. I know my hernia is part of the problem. But not all of it. Hugs, Rebecca

Offline Chloe

• Family
  • "Jade" girl slave in "The Badland's" poppy fields!
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2021, 06:33:49 am »
. . .to get rid of my belly fat?

Entire overweight "modern civilization" has this problem see ads ALL THE TIME for different "solution secrets" lol every morning two drops of "this" on tongue or something mixed with "that" . . .

No junk food, "soft drinks" (especially alcohol) eat less keep "active" I roller skate and play tennis!
"But it's no use now," thought poor Alice, "to pretend be two people!
"Why, there's hardly enough of me left to make one respectable person!"

Offline jennifer7020

• Neighbor
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2021, 07:46:41 am »

I struggle too. Don't we all?

I've lost about 30 lbs in the past 15 months. I am about half-way to where I want to be.  If this helps, I gave up my gym membership and replaced it exercise I like -- cycling, tennis, long ( 4 or 5 mile) walks in the cold. Plus a few things I despise-- crunches and planks, stretches. I found the a gym membership made me think "oh.. it can wait until then". Now, I build it into my schedule, dedicated regular times.

In parallel.. ummm scroll up to other answers.  I changed my diet to "healthy" like many others.

If I struggle.. I like alcohol! But I am cutting back.  If I break my diet I don't beat myself up. I just work a little harder.

Good luck and I hpe this helps.

Offline Maria2018

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2021, 08:59:02 am »
Maybe try keeping a food diary on one of those tracking apps for a week or so, to see if there's anything you eat regularly that is surprisingly calorie-dense.
I did this a while back and discovered that about 1/3 of my daily energy intake was coming from crisps (potato chips)!
It can also help keep you honest about the calorie burn from excercise, I found. When I was logging food and excercise, I could no longer say, "Well I did that 15 minute walk to the shop and back, and that burned calories, so now I can eat this entire packet of biscuits guilt-free..." No Maria, more like one biscuit lol.

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

"In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind,
Be more kind my friends, try to be more kind." - Frank Turner

Offline Rachel

• Family
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2021, 02:49:24 pm »
Belly fat is called viceral fat. I had viceral fat. Many times it is caused by insulin resistance ( I had insulin resistance). An insulin test is a 5 hour test and most often not used. A1C, fasting blood sugar and triglyceride levels are used as an indirect indications of insulin.

Blood sugar above 105 inhibits prolactin and causes the pancreas to secrete insulin. Grazing and grazing on foods that break down to sugar is called the SAD diet (standard American diet).

75% of Americans seen in the ED for heart attacks have insulin resistance.

Prolactin allows fats and protein to be transported into cells. In the absence of prolactin triglycerides are made from fat and transported to fat cells. Protein is transformed through gluconeogenis to sugar and transported to cells. Too high a glucose level for too long and the cell sugar receptors resist glucose.

I eat keto because I had bad type 2 diabetes. I have not had diabetes for a long time since going keto. I eat keto for health reasons. I also now have very low body fat.

MTF in need of help link https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,133631.1980.html
MTF in need of help 2 link https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,251825.0.html
HRT  5-28-2013
FT   11-13-2015
FFS   9-16-2016 -Spiegel
GCS 11-15-2016 - McGinn
BA 7-12-2017 - McGinn
Dr. McGinn labiaplasty, hood repair, scar removal, graph repair and bottom of  vagina finished. urethra repositioned. 4-4-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal revision 2 4-3-2019 Bottom of vagina closed off, fat injected into the labia and urethra repositioned.

Offline EmilyAlt

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2021, 12:43:17 am »
I haven't had much luck with the various "diets" you read about.  Some worked for a while but I always gained the weight back.  Losing weight from exercise alone didn't work either....unless I exercised like a fanatic nearly every day.  I can't sustain that.

Instead, I'm learning to change "how" I eat.  The change is intermittent fasting.  I have a 6 hour window each day (1 PM - 7 PM) where I eat normally.  The rest of the time I don't consume any calories.  I just drink water and unsweetened coffee or tea during my fasting window. 

I've entirely given up artificial and natural sweeteners.  That eliminated my cravings for sweets.  During my 6 hour window, I don't fuss over "what" I eat as long as it's "clean" food.  Fresh vegetables, some fresh fruit, lean meat and fish, and unsweetened beverages.  No processed foods.  Shopping the perimeter of the supermarket is a good way to stick to "clean" food.  I also avoid buying things that have a nutrition label.  Eating lots of processed food will kill your weight loss goals.  It'll eventually kill your body!

I don't eat "keto".  I still eat rice and beans occasionally, and some fruits contain sugar.  I'm just starting out but may try keto sometime in the future.

Intermittent fasting is working.  I'm losing 2 - 2.5 lbs a week.  My belly is noticeably smaller.  I'm not hungry.  When I was eating small meals throughout the day I was always hungry.  I'm still eating the same amount of calories as before.  I'm just eating them in a 6 hour window.  If I can keep this up for 3 more months I'll reach my target of losing 40 lbs.

Offline Rebecca28

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2021, 08:56:28 am »
EmilyAlt,

I am going to try to that as well. I had heard fasting works. I will just ha e to alter my time frame a bit. Will let you know. Hugs, Rebecca

Offline Girl from Mars

• Visitor
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2021, 07:08:02 pm »
What kind of exercises can I do to get rid of my belly fat? I look like I’m pregnant.

There's no one-size-fits-all answer to this, as everyone's metabolism is going to be different, but a strict regime of aerobics worked brilliantly for me when I grew a horrific belly last year during lockdown! ;D

It's surprisingly hard work and you've really got to stick at it. I'd like to say I combined it with a really healthy change in diet, but that level of discipline proved to be beyond me, which is possibly why it was such hard work that I really had to stick to! ;D

Offline DianaPrince

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2021, 08:43:11 pm »

You cannot spot reduce fat in a specific body area through exercise. It’ll have to be a good combination of diet and exercise for overall weight loss.

Offline Rachel

• Family
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2021, 06:24:58 pm »
Time restricted feeding is a schedule of feeding within a window of time. I do 18/6, So I take in nutrition from noon to 6 PM (2 meals, a large lunch and very small dinner). I eat a keto diet with lots of veggies and nuts. I go to the gym and lift weights three time a week.

If you eat keto and consume a lot of calories you will gain weight.  If you eat a lot of protein you will gain weight and stress your liver. You need to balance the diet. I eat keto to keep my insulin low which keeps me lean. I eat veggies because they taste awesome and are really good for you. I eat certain veggies.

Fasting is another thing all together. I do not fast. If I was to fast I would do it in conjunction with my doctor and even then I would consume bone broth during the fast.  I have researched fasting but I think the long term effects for weekly fasting, say for 3 days a week may not be ideal. I know about autophagy and the positive effects but I have not done it to any extent except for surgeries.

Rachel

HRT  5-28-2013
FT   11-13-2015
FFS   9-16-2016 -Spiegel
GCS 11-15-2016 - McGinn
BA 7-12-2017 - McGinn

Offline Angelaney

• Friend
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2021, 06:41:53 am »
Fasting is another thing all together. I do not fast. If I was to fast I would do it in conjunction with my doctor and even then I would consume bone broth during the fast.  I have researched fasting but I think the long term effects for weekly fasting, say for 3 days a week may not be ideal. I know about autophagy and the positive effects but I have not done it to any extent except for surgeries.

Rachel

I like to do intermittent fasting, which in my world is basically eating nothing from 8pm til noon the next day, and I do this twice a week (as well as eating carefully of course), for me it's super easy to do because i'm normally not hungry until around lunch time, but if I do eat a breakfast it kicks off my appetite for more food.

Offline traci_k

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2021, 07:04:48 am »
As a diabetic and having high blood pressure, I too was looking for a way to lose weight and thus my prego belly. I found intermittent fasting to be of value.  I found a nephrologist on YouTube who explained it quite well that visceral fat is culprit and often caused by insulin resistance. My belly had been holding me back from transitioning and I'm now losing a few pounds a week. Also, important for me is to stay away from Junk food carbs.Since I've now dropped 30+ pounds and feeling confident of dropping another 40 pounds, I was able to slap on my first estradiol patch on on June 29 2021. The belly you see in my avatar has shrunk several inches.
Wishing you the best. Hugs
Traci Melissa Knight

Online ChrissyRyan

• Have a gentle manner ❤️
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2021, 09:17:43 am »
I almost always do NOT eat when I am not hungry, that helps with weight control. 
Sometimes I fast for a few days.  It is for me easy to skip eating meals occasionally, but do get the proper nutrition and stay healthy.

Unhealthy amounts of weight loss is not good, but too much loss so you get unhealthy is obviously not good either.  Just remember to be reasonable. 

Sit-ups help with the tummy region. 

Junk food can be tempting.  Sometimes I wish they did not taste, look, or smell so good, as that would reduce the desire to eat them!   :)

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline barbie

• I change my avatar every week
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2021, 11:53:40 am »

As the monsoon is ending, I have to prepare for the bikini season. There is no exercise for decreasing only belly fat. Fat will decrease over all of the body by exercise and diet, and the fat in the belly is the last one to disappear.

I tend to eat well but exercise more frequently in summer.

barbie~~
Just do it.

Offline Carla68

• Friend
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2021, 08:38:46 am »
Hi ya

Just starting to notice quite a bit of undesirable belly fat, but no weight gain

I can only think it is a combination of muscle loss and gain of belly fat at the moment it can protrude as much as breasts

I had kept fit by cycling to work, pole dancing every week and stretching every other day I had to drop the pole dancing due to covid and managed only 2 (very difficult) classes before my GRS surgery, I am not expecting to get back to classes for a few months (but can't wait to try out my new leg grip) hopefully get some cycling in before the weather closes in

I have been on a fairly strict diet because of high cholesterol and I eat salad for lunch everyday I only weigh 11st 4 (5ft 8) and nearly always have been, its just the belly has unproportionally got bigger

I also avoid snacking, I think my main problem is my attempts at zero food waste and buying for one, I either have to eat same thing twice or more likely too large a portion (i have a mild ocd on eating same thing)

I am working on a solution

Carla
Carla

FFS 22-6-21
GRS 22-6-21

Tags: