Author Topic: Anyone willing to mentor?  (Read 602 times)

Offline Oliviassecret1994

• Visitor
Anyone willing to mentor?
« on: June 20, 2021, 01:42:44 am »
Hey ladies,

My name is Olivia, I'm a trans woman who is still in the closet and presenting as male. I'm reading a new book called you and your gender identity by Dana Hoffman Fox in the hopes that I can break through all of my repressed feelings and emotions and finally tell my wife that I need to transition. The book recommends that I reach out to people who have gone through transition to see if anyone would be willing to mentor me. Is this common? And would anyone like to mentor me?

Offline Rakel

• Formerly known as Dani
  • Rakel@susans.org
Re: Anyone willing to mentor?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2021, 07:38:44 am »
Good morning Olivia,

I see that this is your first post here on Susan's Place and I would like to take a few moments to officially welcome you to our little corner of the internet.  We are a supportive website for everyone with any kind of gender related issue. We do have Terms of Service and I will post links to the Terms of Service and other important information below. We are moderated within the Terms of Service because we have many members here who are underage and we must keep Susan's Place Family Friendly for those members.
____________________________________________________________________________________

Things that you should read
______________________________________________________________________________________

And now back to your topic at hand.

We are here for you.  ;)

Susan's Place is a supportive website. Many of the people who post here have been through or are going through the same issues that you expressed. We would like to get to know you better, so if you want to, consider stopping by the Introductions Forum and tell us a little about yourself. What you tell us is up to you. You can tell us as much or as little as you wish, but be honest, especially with yourself. Self acceptance is the most important thing all of us needed to do.

Since you mentioned a wife, you need to know that many, but not all, of us who were married, are now divorced. Transition has many costs and personal relationships are the most important and often the costliest.

The financial costs are also, a strong barrier that many of us face. Just recently, many of these costs are covered by health insurance. In the past, the only way to cover these costs is with personal wealth, as unfortunate as this is.

Again, welcome to Susan's Place. We will be seeing you. Take care.  :-*

Retired Pharmacist with over 40 years experience in Hospital and Retail Pharmacies.
I still keep my professional licence active and in good standing.

Online Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2021, 01:03:51 pm »
@Oliviassecret1994
Dear Olivia :

I see that our lovely member @Rakel has officially welcomed you to Susan's Place and the Forums.
I would like to add my warm Welcome as well.

As Rakel mentioned, it would be terrific if you could briefly Introduce yourself
by going to the Introductions Forum to briefly tell more members about yourself!

With more exposure to more members here you will be able to get more responses to your questions and concerns.

Wishing your well as you continue to be involved in the forums.

NOTE: Now, after all of this Greeting and Welcoming stuff, I will give you and other readers the thread back so that the conversation can continue.

Again, Welcome to Susan's Place.
Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 41

Offline AllieSF

• Ain't Life Grand!!
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2021, 07:21:28 pm »
Olivia,

I have a young MtF mentee.  She went from coming out to her family to going full time in about 9 months.  The last 6 with me guiding her along.  That has a double meaning because she is also very severely visionally impaired.  It was not my guidance that got her out, but rather her determination to do what needed tom be done and her total trust in my decisions, which honestly have been wrong before.

I recommend that you share where you live, at least enough to see if someone here lives relatively close by.  Distance does matter when it comes down to shopping and going out in the public.  Good luck in your search.  You request is a very good one.
HRT - February 2017
Full Time - July 2018
Orchi - January 2018
BA - September 25, 2019
FFS - January 10, 2020
GRS - TBDDD (To Be Determined, Decision and Date)

Offline tgirlamg

• 11:11
  • “Gently, but with undeniable will...”
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2021, 12:27:07 am »
Hey ladies,

My name is Olivia, I'm a trans woman who is still in the closet and presenting as male. I'm reading a new book called you and your gender identity by Dana Hoffman Fox in the hopes that I can break through all of my repressed feelings and emotions and finally tell my wife that I need to transition. The book recommends that I reach out to people who have gone through transition to see if anyone would be willing to mentor me. Is this common? And would anyone like to mentor me?

Hi Olivia!

I see this post is a little old but I am just seeing it now… I have helped quite a few girls with  navigating the challenges of remaking their life over the years… If you’ll click the link at the bottom of my signature and find my post on the before/after thread that reflects my positive attitude about all things associated with claiming your life… if you think I could be of help as you move forward… let me know!

Onward we go brave sister!

Ashley 🙋‍♀️💕🌻
“To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment” ... Ralph Waldo Emerson 🌸

“The individual has always had to struggle from being overwhelmed by the tribe... But, no price is too high for the privilege of owning yourself” ... Rudyard Kipling 🌸

Let go of the things that no longer serve you... Let go of the pretense of the false persona, it is not you... Let go of the armor that you have worn for a lifetime, to serve the expectations of others and, to protect the woman inside... She needs protection no longer.... She is tired of hiding and more courageous than you know... Let her prove that to you....Let her step out of the dark and feel the light upon her face.... amg🌸 Before / After
https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,251753.60.html

Offline Oliviassecret1994

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2021, 01:01:18 am »
Hi Olivia!

I see this post is a little old but I am just seeing it now… I have helped quite a few girls with  navigating the challenges of remaking their life over the years… If you’ll click the link at the bottom of my signature and find my post on the before/after thread that reflects my positive attitude about all things associated with claiming your life… if you think I could be of help as you move forward… let me know!

Onward we go brave sister!

Ashley 🙋‍♀️💕🌻

Thanks for your reply! I've only become active on this site again today actually, what a coincidence! Your transition was amazing and you look amazing! I'm lost and I'm tailspinning. I don't know what to do. I just made a post that outlines my current situation if you have any advice for me.

Offline tgirlamg

• 11:11
  • “Gently, but with undeniable will...”
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2021, 01:04:09 am »
Thanks for your reply! I've only become active on this site again today actually, what a coincidence! Your transition was amazing and you look amazing! I'm lost and I'm tailspinning. I don't know what to do. I just made a post that outlines my current situation if you have any advice for me.

I posted a reply for you there too 😀👍🌻 Thanks for the kind words little sister!
“To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment” ... Ralph Waldo Emerson 🌸

“The individual has always had to struggle from being overwhelmed by the tribe... But, no price is too high for the privilege of owning yourself” ... Rudyard Kipling 🌸

Let go of the things that no longer serve you... Let go of the pretense of the false persona, it is not you... Let go of the armor that you have worn for a lifetime, to serve the expectations of others and, to protect the woman inside... She needs protection no longer.... She is tired of hiding and more courageous than you know... Let her prove that to you....Let her step out of the dark and feel the light upon her face.... amg🌸 Before / After
https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,251753.60.html

Tags: