Community Conversation > Transitioning

List of everything you need to get done during transitioning??

(1/3) > >>

Rebecca28:
Ladies,

Has anyone ever made a check list of all the things to do during transitioning. I am recently came out to all my family. Going full time 7/19. My therapist is like ok. What do you need to accomplish before going full time. I had to stop and think about it. My mental check list was like ok.. name change check, insurance change. Check.. etc.

A list would really help me because I feel am missing things. Maybe this post could be a way to put together a list for others feeling the same way. Hugs, Rebecca

Rakel:
I never made a check list for my transition. I just dealt with my concerns as they became necessary.

I realize that we are all different and if you need a check list, then my advice is just think about it for a while. You know your situation much more than me or any one else.

Take care and good luck.

Pammie:

--- Quote from: Rebecca28 on June 21, 2021, 05:59:10 am ---Ladies,

Has anyone ever made a check list of all the things to do during transitioning. I am recently came out to all my family. Going full time 7/19. My therapist is like ok. What do you need to accomplish before going full time. I had to stop and think about it. My mental check list was like ok.. name change check, insurance change. Check.. etc.

A list would really help me because I feel am missing things. Maybe this post could be a way to put together a list for others feeling the same way. Hugs, Rebecca

--- End quote ---
I certainly had a check list and a budget. Ok, I blew the budget in 12 months but it was still a good idea!
My checklist was:
0. Work with my hairdresser to get my hair just right and plan it’s evolution
1. Make a list of family & friends who are going to find it difficult to transition with me
2. Talk to HR at work to agree strategy and timing
3. Start laser hair removal immediately (no need to wait for finally going FT)
4. Change name by deed poll (again, no need to wait)
5. Work out my work styles and build wardrobe
6. Get some dental work done
7.  Get some new glasses!
8. Spend every minute I can being me! B4 I went full time I had to cross dress to present male at work, with family and at footie
9. Work out who your support network is! If you are able to have one
10. Plan the big day - hair, nails, eyebrows, lashes maybe
11. Actively reduce male clothes and plan final day disposal!
12. Practise make-up and go on a course if possible
13. Work on voice! ALWAYS a WIP!
14. Refine your out of work look - what are my casual and going out styles?
15. Lose weight - go down a dress size or 2 if possible!
16. Think about strategy for when you don’t pass - do you care? If you do how will you handle it?
17. Are there no-go places when ur full time? Should there be?
18. Post deed poll get your name changed everywhere!

Im probably missing some things but it’s a start ! 

xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rebecca28:
Pammie,

Thank you that’s so helpful. I am not usually a list type of person. But as I was sitting there with the therapist. It was like ok what’s next to work on. There’s always more., voice etc. I had to stop and really think. That’s where a list would be helpful to keep the focus and help plan for the future. Hugs, Rebecca

RandiL:
I'm more like Rakel, kind of a step at a time. That said I have several items that I identified as taking a long time so I got them started as soon as possible:
- Facial hair removal, which is electrolysis for me, and started a year before I went full-time.
- HRT
- Voice training

Going full time didn't depend on any of these but I wanted them underway.

What is full time anyway? For me it meant presenting as myself all the time. But there are levels. I haven't worn male clothing since I moved last October, but I'm not formally out at work. I haven't legally changed my name or sex yet. I say I'm full time but there are still steps to go.

My smartphone thinks it's smarter than me. It's probably right.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version