Community Conversation > Transgender talk

Where to start and anxiety

(1/9) > >>

ConnnieH:
Hi all,

The last couple of weeks have been.....interesting.

I came out as trans on Twitter and the response from friends was overwhelmingly positive. So much so that I setup a Connie Twitter account and started using that. It’s been euphoric and the amount of support has been incredible.

The next day during a GP checkup I mentioned it to my doctor and broke down. Just saying those words in public just let the emotions out.
After 48 years of hiding I felt accepted.

Then a couple of days later I told my girlfriend and came crashing down to Earth with a bump. There were tears, there was sadness and so I didn’t mention anything further but said I was here if she had questions.

A week later she hasn’t asked anything. I suggested a join manicure and she seemed ok and that’s scheduled for next week.

I’m scared to raise the subject further and am trying my hardest to give her space.

In the meantime I’m researching beard removal, hrt, work policies, and so much more.
But now I feel stuck and a bit frustrated as I try and be understanding whilst feeling I don’t want to waste anymore time.

I’m conflicted and anxiety is through the roof.

Pammie:

--- Quote from: ConnnieH on June 24, 2021, 02:48:56 pm ---Hi all,

The last couple of weeks have been.....interesting.

I came out as trans on Twitter and the response from friends was overwhelmingly positive. So much so that I setup a Connie Twitter account and started using that. It’s been euphoric and the amount of support has been incredible.

The next day during a GP checkup I mentioned it to my doctor and broke down. Just saying those words in public just let the emotions out.
After 48 years of hiding I felt accepted.

Then a couple of days later I told my girlfriend and came crashing down to Earth with a bump. There were tears, there was sadness and so I didn’t mention anything further but said I was here if she had questions.

A week later she hasn’t asked anything. I suggested a join manicure and she seemed ok and that’s scheduled for next week.

I’m scared to raise the subject further and am trying my hardest to give her space.

In the meantime I’m researching beard removal, hrt, work policies, and so much more.
But now I feel stuck and a bit frustrated as I try and be understanding whilst feeling I don’t want to waste anymore time.

I’m conflicted and anxiety is through the roof.

--- End quote ---
Is this a total shock for your girlfriend or was she aware you are trans? That seems to me an important question?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ConnnieH:
It was a total shock and I don’t know if it was more that I was trans or the fact that it took me 4 years to tell her

Pammie:

--- Quote from: ConnnieH on June 24, 2021, 02:55:20 pm ---It was a total shock and I don’t know if it was more that I was trans or the fact that it took me 4 years to tell her

--- End quote ---
Im not surprised that it’s a total shock if you have been together 4 years! That’s a big ask of her. I will keep my fingers crossed for you but she’s bound to be hurt you kept something so massive a secret from her. Give her time and see how she feels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ConnnieH:
I know and I feel bad. So bad.
I mainly buried it, but it was my mum having a near miss with cancer that reminded me how fragile life was and I didn’t want to go out never having been the true me

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version