Author Topic: Does anyone ever make it?  (Read 360 times)

Offline Squeaky99

Does anyone ever make it?
« on: June 26, 2021, 08:37:51 am »
Does anyone ever have a good life even if they decide to not transition or anything?  Aside from gender, I love my life the way it is and I don't want to change it.  Am I deluding myself? 

I want to either be a proud and happy woman or be a proud and happy man.  This in between stuff is frustrating.

All we ever hear about are people who can't transition for some reason and they're miserable. But has anyone been able to integrate their dysphoria in such a way that they are happy continuing as their AGAB?

Sorry if this rambles.  Just trying to explore all the options before I pull the trigger on transition
Amy

Offline Devlyn

• The Forum Administrator
  • devlynmarie@susans.org
Re: Does anyone ever make it?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2021, 08:56:44 am »
You have to follow your heart. It sounds like you'll be happiest as either a binary man or woman. For lots of people, myself included, the middle ground isn't frustrating at all.... it's who we are. The path to happiness is the same for everyone: "You do you"  :)

Hugs, Devlyn
Veteran, US Army

Offline Maid Marion

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2021, 09:02:32 am »
I am transitioning socially with no HRT or  surgery. 

With a ton of diet and exercise and lucky genetics I present as a petite women with an hourglass figure.
And I look way younger,  so I haven't reached the "age of invisibility."

My speech and mannerisms are very feminine, so I constantly gender as a women.  This makes it hard to present as a guy, which means that I fall into that dreaded "uncanny valley" presenting as a guy.  This ties some people's thinking in knots which is very bad.  As a women we both instinctively know what to do in social situations.

It helps that I live in a very "blue" social area.  Gays were socially accepted thirty years ago when I moved here.
I have an amazing yard filled with flowers all season long.  For a lot of people that means a lot more to them than my gender.

Marion

Offline Squeaky99

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2021, 10:20:33 am »
You have to follow your heart. It sounds like you'll be happiest as either a binary man or woman. For lots of people, myself included, the middle ground isn't frustrating at all.... it's who we are. The path to happiness is the same for everyone: "You do you"  :)

Hugs, Devlyn

Hi Devlyn!

There's no doubt I'm binary.  If I move forward with transition I plan to go all the way with it and I'll live my best life as a woman.   I just wonder if there are trans people out there who have made peace with their AGAB internally and built a good life.  There's nothing wrong with being trans but if I could take a pill to become happily cis I probably would.  I know that's not possible.  Being trans isn't an illness you can cure.

I guess because I haven't had some of the more severe psychological issues like significant depression or suicidal ideation that I question whether a permanent solution is wise or if I'm unusually fixated on it right now.

Amy

Tags: