Author Topic: Peritoneal pull through penile inversion surgery advice sought  (Read 1353 times)

Offline OzChick

Hello everyone,

I'm about to have peritoneal pull through penile inversion surgery and I'm looking for any advice that any of you who have had this surgery might have for me. I would also welcome comments about things that you weren't expecting but that happened, how you coped, things that were expected, the not so nice things and the nice things. I'm excited but also I feel a little frightened... Having said that I am ready and committed to surgery. I'm having my surgery with Kieran Hart in Canberra in Australia. I'm about to have my initial consultation today and then I suppose I will find out a date for surgery later. Thanks everyone.

regards

OzChick

Offline warlockmaker

Re: Peritoneal pull through penile inversion surgery advice sought
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2021, 01:39:54 am »
I have heard about this being done in Thailand by a couple of surgeons. Its the state of art for srs surgery. Would be interested in the results. Dr Kamol claims to do it here but I am unable to contact any patients to hear their views. Sounds fantastic and has been used by cis females  with ecellent results. Just about to look up some research papers on this also. Good luck and do please let us know how it was.Most interesting. :)
When we first start our journey the perception and moral values all dramatically change in wonderment. As we evolve further it all becomes normal again but the journey has changed us forever.

SRS January 21st,  2558 (Buddhist calander), 2015

Offline OzChick

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2021, 02:25:03 am »
Hi Warlockmaker,

Thanks for your reply. Yes it does sound very exciting. I have researched this extensively and found that it is actually an established procedure with excellent results and I'm particularly attracted to the fact the result will be mucosal etc. I recently received my surgery date as being in SEP22 so I'll be able to let you know more then.

kind regards

OzChick

Offline Allie Jayne

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2021, 06:48:11 am »
Ozchick, Keiran has been performing this procedure on trans women since October last year, and he has been refining his technique. The latest I have read is that he now prefers a hybrid procedure with PI in the entry and peritoneal tissue lining the rest of the canal. This is apparently more robust. You should discuss this with Kieran as he will want to know your preference. He has a lot of experience with this procedure on cis women. I follow an Australian Trans Surgery page which has had a lot of reports from Keiran Hart's Surgeries, and generally people have been happy with results, though there are no long term reports as yet.

There are mixed reports on the self lubricating effects, but again, no long term reports. I did read some reports that Hart supplies inferior dilators, and some weren't happy with them. If I had considered vaginaplasty, I would have definitely considered Kieran Hart and PPTV, so I hope you have a great success with your surgery!

Hugs,

Allie 

Offline sarahc

• Sarah
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2021, 11:30:45 am »
I had partial peritoneal pull-through with Bluebond-Langner in January. Based on Allie Jayne's comment, it sounds like Hart has adopted a hybrid approach that is very similar to Bluebond's. I have been very happy with my results. Depth and width are very good, and recovery has gone very well. As for lubrication, I get a little bit of liquid when I get aroused, but probably need additional lubrication if I were to have penetration. Over-lubrication in normal life is definitely not an issue.

Bluebond is pretty blunt is saying that she thinks PPTV is the wave of the future and will become the right choice for most patients (although PPTV is more expensive). I'm only a sample of one, but I am very happy.

Feel free to read my SRS diary here:
https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,255584.0.html

Sarah
----
48 years young.
Known that I am trans since...forever.
First therapy session / decided to transition / hair removal: October 2018
HRT: January 2019 (journal https://www.susans.org/forums/index.phpVF/topic,244009.0.html)
VFS: September 2019; three-month report here
Full-time: April 2020
FFS: August 2020
SRS: January 2021

Offline OzChick

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2021, 01:48:03 am »
Hi SarahC

Thank you so much for your post and your pointing me to your day by day (almost) account of your experiences. I think that reading what you wrote helped me more than any other thing at all. I feel much better informed and I had a feeling that the dialation was going to be a challenge but to be honest I was a little more frightened by the thought of surgery. You've helped me put things in better perspective so now I realise that its the first 3 months post op which will be the biggest challenge and that the surgery will likely not be that bad. Although my surgery is scheduled for SEP22 I ordered the soulsource dialator set of 4. I didn't think I would need the two smaller ones since I'm having peritoneal pull through (correct me if I'm wrong) so I'm getting ready (mentally). It seems surreal. I can't believe its finally happening. Thanks again.

regards

OzChick

Offline sarahc

• Sarah
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2021, 08:27:27 am »
@OzChick

I’m glad that was helpful for you…You were right in ordering all four dilators. The nurse at NYU-Langone said that most patients start on dilator #2. And you never know what you’re going to get in terms of a starting off point. So it’s good to have all four.

Best of luck with your surgery. Keep in mind that my recovery process has gone more smoothly than usual, so prepare for a recovery that is a little tougher than that, especially in the first month. Most other SRS patients that I have talked to experienced more pain than I did. In any case, pain management is something you have to deal with in the first month, so being proactive in taking acetaminophen and / or ibuprofen is important. I took a mix of both for most of the first month.

Sarah
----
48 years young.
HRT: January 2019 (journal https://www.susans.org/forums/index.phpVF/topic,244009.0.html)

Offline OzChick

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2021, 06:36:28 pm »
Hi SarahC

Thank you. Sorry its taken me so long to say that. Time just passes what with work, kids etc You put yourself right out there with the detail that you posted about your experiences and I just want to know that, with me, you have made a big difference; a positive difference. xxoo

OzChick

Offline sarahc

• Sarah
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2021, 07:20:33 am »
@OzChick

I’m glad that it was helpful for you. Best of luck with your surgery and recovery.

Sarah
----
48 years young.

Offline Katie76

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2021, 01:20:32 pm »
Hi OzChick,

When is your PPV procedure, or has it  happened?

Offline OzChick

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2021, 05:23:33 pm »
It’s on the 5th of September 2022.

Offline Katie76

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2021, 07:20:11 pm »
I think PPV and Penile Inversion are two separate techniques, I could be mistaken...

I had my PPV in early March 2021 with Dr. Heidi Whittenberg in San Francisco. I don't have much to say about what you are asking other than be very careful and caring with yourself.  The surgery was a first major hurdle, and learning to adapting for close up intimate time with the different size dilators gives a new meaning to "vagina maintenance."

Offline OzChick

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2021, 01:56:09 am »
Hi Katie76

I think I’m getting penile inversion to to create a vulva and then ppt for depth. I don’t have a lot to work with. Thanks for your advice. I work in industrial law so will need to concentrate on going easy and being kind to myself. I’m going to really focus on that.

OzChick

Tags: