Community Conversation > Post operative life

Peritoneal pull through penile inversion surgery advice sought

<< < (2/3) > >>

OzChick:
Hi SarahC

Thank you so much for your post and your pointing me to your day by day (almost) account of your experiences. I think that reading what you wrote helped me more than any other thing at all. I feel much better informed and I had a feeling that the dialation was going to be a challenge but to be honest I was a little more frightened by the thought of surgery. You've helped me put things in better perspective so now I realise that its the first 3 months post op which will be the biggest challenge and that the surgery will likely not be that bad. Although my surgery is scheduled for SEP22 I ordered the soulsource dialator set of 4. I didn't think I would need the two smaller ones since I'm having peritoneal pull through (correct me if I'm wrong) so I'm getting ready (mentally). It seems surreal. I can't believe its finally happening. Thanks again.

regards

OzChick

sarahc:
@OzChick

I’m glad that was helpful for you…You were right in ordering all four dilators. The nurse at NYU-Langone said that most patients start on dilator #2. And you never know what you’re going to get in terms of a starting off point. So it’s good to have all four.

Best of luck with your surgery. Keep in mind that my recovery process has gone more smoothly than usual, so prepare for a recovery that is a little tougher than that, especially in the first month. Most other SRS patients that I have talked to experienced more pain than I did. In any case, pain management is something you have to deal with in the first month, so being proactive in taking acetaminophen and / or ibuprofen is important. I took a mix of both for most of the first month.

Sarah

OzChick:
Hi SarahC

Thank you. Sorry its taken me so long to say that. Time just passes what with work, kids etc You put yourself right out there with the detail that you posted about your experiences and I just want to know that, with me, you have made a big difference; a positive difference. xxoo

OzChick

sarahc:
@OzChick

I’m glad that it was helpful for you. Best of luck with your surgery and recovery.

Sarah

Katie76:
Hi OzChick,

When is your PPV procedure, or has it  happened?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version