Blogs > Member Blogs

Jenn's Journey

(1/20) > >>

jennifer7020:
Deep Breath.

and.

starting a blog.

Mmm. I've posted elsewhere, so I am repeating. I am 57 at weeks end. Married to my wife over 30 years. 3 wonderful, grown kids. I've seen my gender therapist once. Here I am. I am somewhere in transition. Not "I may or may not".  Stay tuned.

Oh! Just a side note. I've been on the forum a short time. I've read many many many blogs when I've been able. They are so good. It is more than a little intimidating.

but umm here I am.

davina61:
Welcome to the blog section, some day someone will read yours and say that was a help. best wishes.

Faith:
I had many ups and downs writing mine. I would feel let down if minimal or no replies like no one cared about my story yet the actual read count was going up. This was despite being told by others that it had helped them.

I finally realized that while helping other is a great and necessary side-effect of my topic, I found that the biggest impact was for myself. Actually getting thoughts out of my head and into 'print' helped me in ways I did not realize at the time.

this is your journey start and while we hope for all ups and no downs, that isn't life. Yet by getting it out there for you to re-read for yourself and others to, hopefully, impart some of their hard learned lessons, it will be more ups than downs.

jennifer7020:
mood-- happy. giddy.
random thought-- I love faceapp. I need to get online more.

I know the happy place I find myself in won't last. I titled my blog "journey" because I rationally know there are going to be highs, lows, ups, downs.. and everything in between. its a journey because.. I am going somewhere, but resisting urge to declare I know where. I tell myself enjoy the discovery. Enjoy being me.

I've started to try on feelings and ideas, if that makes sense. So far, I am finding them really truly madly deeply comfortable and natural. I know I know I know I know.. I've done nothing even remotely difficult. But I am gathering my courage, addressing my fears, putting together support networks.. and trying to keep myself moving.

Northern Star Girl:

--- Quote from: jennifer7020 on June 28, 2021, 07:25:09 am ---Deep Breath.

and.

starting a blog.

Mmm. I've posted elsewhere, so I am repeating. I am 57 at weeks end. Married to my wife over 30 years. 3 wonderful, grown kids. I've seen my gender therapist once. Here I am. I am somewhere in transition. Not "I may or may not".  Stay tuned.

Oh! Just a side note. I've been on the forum a short time. I've read many many many blogs when I've been able. They are so good. It is more than a little intimidating.

but umm here I am.

--- End quote ---
@jennifer7020
Dear Jenn:
YAY!!!! Your own Blog thread!  :) ;) 
Sharing your thoughts with all of your followers not only with our own journal/Blog thread but I also always recommend keeping a more private and personal "old-school" Pen&Paper journal at home or your eyes only.

I keep personal journal at my home which is full of colorful doodling, sometimes illegible and hurried writing, snapshot photos, notes about doctors appointments, my romantic endeavors, my coming out trials and tribulations, and other writings about those that I am friends with, those that accept me, those that do not accept me, and my issues with my non-accepting parents and family, etc, etc.

I find that it is definitely very good personal therapy to write out my feelings and venting...  and ponder my situations in my blog and my journal.  Just writing out these things can help me to sort out my priorities and to find ways to help positively solve my issues.

I am so very glad to see that you have now started your own BLOG/journal here on the Forums.
When you report good news we will all rejoice with you and be happy for you... and when you write not-so-good news we will lend you our ears to listen and our shoulders for you to lean on.   
We are your biggest fans and we are always rooting for your success and happiness.

My home journals (I have several now) are not in any kind of a fancy book and not with a clever cover...  mine are rather plain 3 ring notebooks that allows for adding pages and inserting lots of notes and scribbles and some  photos too.   
Whatever works for you is important, after-all it is YOUR JOURNAL to do with what you want.

I often find myself leafing through some of the past entrees of my BLOG/journal postings here on the Forums and my personal journals that I keep at home and will sit and read it for hours on a cold rainy night sitting in my comfy chair sometimes with a smile and laughter, sometimes with satisfaction with my decisions,  and sometimes with tears in my eyes.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts....  I will be eagerly following your postings.
Hugs and best wishes to you....
Danielle

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version