Author Topic: Are there people like me out there?  (Read 697 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline transwithsplenda

  • Visitor
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Reputation: +1/-0
Are there people like me out there?
« on: June 30, 2021, 11:55:07 pm »
Hi!  :)
New to this forum, so sorry if this topic is old hat.

I'm 26 years old and since the age of 11, I've had genital dysphoria without gender dysphoria.

My ideal body/gender closely resembles that of a transmen who opt out of bottom surgery.

I want/need a vagina but also want to maintain my masculine physique.

It's something I think about almost every day.

Are there treatments for people like me? Is it possible for insurance to cover bottom surgery without taking estrogen? Will a doctor prescribe me testosterone if I do have bottom surgery.

I feel real kinship for the transmasc community, but have been ostracized by a few transmen. I just want to be part of a community, but I feel like my issue is super rare.

Anyway, thanks for listening.


Offline Rakel

  • Formerly known as Dani
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 4,887
  • Reputation: +79/-0
  • Gender: Female
Re: Are there people like me out there?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2021, 06:11:20 am »
Good morning Max,

Yes, there are more people out there with the same issues as you have expressed. Gender dysphoria comes in all forms and we at Susan's Place are here to help support you on your journey to resolve your issues.

I see that this is your first post here and I want to extend to you our official Susan's Place welcome. We are a website for support and discussion of all types of gender related issues. We have many members here who are underage and we strive hard to keep Susan's Place Family Friendly. We have rules on what we can talk about and these rules are listed in the Terms of Service. I will post links below to the Terms of Service and other important information.

Also, if you have a minute, please consider stopping by the Introductions Forum and tell us a little about yourself.

Things that you should read

And now back to your questions.

All the things you mentioned about surgery and hormones are possible, however everything starts with counseling with a therapist trained in gender issues. Once you have your therapists evaluation that you are able to make a rational decision, you need to contact your insurance company to discover what they will or will not cover.

I wish you the best as you struggle to find answers for your condition.

Take care.  :-*


Retired Pharmacist with over 40 years experience in Hospital and Retail Pharmacies.
I still keep my professional licence active and in good standing.