General Discussions > Cooking

Have you eaten eggs that did not come from chickens?

<< < (2/3) > >>

davina61:
They have a stronger flavour than chicken eggs, saying that the caged layer eggs are rubbish with very pale yolks so I buy free range ones.

Maid Marion:
In the USA Asian markets usually have duck eggs.

Rakel:
I have eaten Turkey eggs. They taste the same as chicken eggs, but are much larger. Think of an egg about double the weight of a large chicken egg.

ChrissyRyan:
I buy and eat organic free range chicken eggs.  For some reason, they always are brown eggs, so they must come from a particular type of chicken.

Chrissy

Northern Star Girl:

--- Quote from: ChrissyRyan on July 03, 2021, 08:20:45 pm ---I buy and eat organic free range chicken eggs.  For some reason, they always are brown eggs, so they must come from a particular type of chicken.

Chrissy

--- End quote ---

@ChrissyRyan
Dear Chrissy:
Your are correct about brown eggs coming   "....from a particular type of chicken."
My family farm in Montana raised chickens and sold eggs so I know the answer to your question.

Brown eggs are laid by chickens with red ears and red feathers.

The chickens that lay White eggs are laid by chickens with white
ears and white feathers.

The chickens that lay the Brown eggs are generally larger in size and consume
more feed... therefore, somewhat bigger eggs and more expensive eggs.

I hate to break it to the avid dieters....  Nutritionally brown eggs and white eggs are "about" the same if they are the same weight and size.... however what the chickens eat does affect the nutritional value of the egg somewhat.

HUGS,
Danielle

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version