Community Conversation > Transitioning

Do you tell someone upfront your trans? When they give you that awkward look??

(1/3) > >>

Rebecca28:
Ladies,

When you meet some one for the first time and introduce yourself to someone. When they look at you like there’s no way your Rebecca.

Do you come out and say hey I am trans and am transitioning??

Just be upfront so it’s not uncomfortable?

OR just say <forget> it and be the amazing woman you are and let them figure it out?  Or find that oooh so uncomfortable way to ask??

I have run into this a couple of times recently. I realize people don’t need a history lesson or to know as far as I am concerned. But the couple of times I was just upfront after things got awkward.

Any advice is appreciated.

Hugs Rebecca

Pammie:

--- Quote from: Rebecca28 on July 03, 2021, 07:29:16 am ---Ladies,

When you meet some one for the first time and introduce yourself to someone. When they look at you like there’s no way your Rebecca.

Do you come out and say hey I am trans and am transitioning??

Just be upfront so it’s not uncomfortable?

OR just say <forget> it and be the amazing woman you are and let them figure it out?  Or find that oooh so uncomfortable way to ask??

I have run into this a couple of times recently. I realize people don’t need a history lesson or to know as far as I am concerned. But the couple of times I was just upfront after things got awkward.

Any advice is appreciated.

Hugs Rebecca

--- End quote ---
That’s such a tough one isn’t it! I tend to favour F.K. it and let them ask or live without.
I have to say at this stage (4 years in) I don’t anticipate this occurring any more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nadine Spirit:
It depends.  If I am meeting someone that I really have no intentions of becoming friends with or hanging out with all that much then I say nothing and let them think whatever they want to think.  If I am interested in getting to know someone better I will generally offer up my status as a transgender human.  Typically I prefer if I initiate that conversation.

KateR:
I never address it unless I’m in a situation where some type of legal signature is going to be involved.

I’m Kate!  Period!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lady Sarah:
If I am meeting someone and need to tell them my name, no problem. I never discuss gender issues with anybody unless it is their business to know., and that is a rarity.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version