Community Conversation > Transitioning

Does anyone else just accept their voice as it is?

(1/3) > >>

Rebecca28:
Ladies,

Has anyone else just accepted their voice as it is? I am fortunate to not have that deep manly voice. When I try to work in it and change it. It sounds fake and just not me. I am thinking about just going with my voice and just accepting it. Even though it definitely doesn’t sound all that feminine. It’s still mine.

Hugs Rebecca

Pammie:

--- Quote from: Rebecca28 on July 03, 2021, 08:00:53 am ---Ladies,

Has anyone else just accepted their voice as it is? I am fortunate to not have that deep manly voice. When I try to work in it and change it. It sounds fake and just not me. I am thinking about just going with my voice and just accepting it. Even though it definitely doesn’t sound all that feminine. It’s still mine.

Hugs Rebecca

--- End quote ---
I found I naturally modulated my voice whenever I dressed en femme and when I went full time that became my permanent voice. Added to that before and after I have had about 30 hrs of voice training and still do the odd catch up session. Voice is a permanent WIP for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nadine Spirit:
I thought I accepted my voice.  But then one day I realized I was actually just trying to ignore how much it grated on me.  Since then I've done a huge amount of voice therapy which thankfully also came with a huge education on just what exactly is a "natural" voice.  Little known info - there is no such thing as a "natural" voice.  We all shape our voices throughout our lives, but most of it is done unconsciously.   Don't agree?  Easy example - dialects and accents.  Those are not inborn they are learned. 

RandiL:
I know there are others on this site who don't change their voice.

I watched the movie, The Iron Lady, about Margaret Thatcher. She went through voice training to lower her voice so she could sound more authoritative, which helped her in her rise to the Prime Minister post.

My smartphone thinks it's smarter than me. It's probably right.

big kim:
I sound like Lemmy!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version