General Discussions > Cooking

How do you like your eggs cooked?

<< < (3/3)

Sephirah:

--- Quote from: ChrissyRyan on July 06, 2021, 07:23:39 pm ---How do you like your eggs cooked?

Over easy or hard boiled for me.
But I will likely eat them cooked most any way.

Omelets are good!

Chrissy

--- End quote ---

Poached. For 3 minutes 30 seconds. Then lightly covered with crushed rock salt, on a good quality toast. Yum!

ChrissyRyan:
I have not eaten a poached egg.

I wonder if the poachers get caught often.  LOL.

Chrissy

@Sephirah

Sephirah:

--- Quote from: ChrissyRyan on July 11, 2021, 09:56:42 am ---I have not eaten a poached egg.

I wonder if the poachers get caught often.  LOL.

Chrissy

@Sephirah

--- End quote ---

Probably, LOL.

Interestingly (or not, depending how much of a nerd you are), the word comes from the old French word poché, Which means "to put into a pocket". Since the yolk of the egg is surrounded by the white in a sort of pocket.

They're very nice. They're like soft boiled eggs without the natural cup of the shell. :)

ChrissyRyan:

--- Quote from: Sephirah on July 12, 2021, 01:21:37 pm ---Probably, LOL.

Interestingly (or not, depending how much of a nerd you are), the word comes from the old French word poché, Which means "to put into a pocket". Since the yolk of the egg is surrounded by the white in a sort of pocket.

They're very nice. They're like soft boiled eggs without the natural cup of the shell. :)

--- End quote ---

Interesting, that is.

I have also not had Eggs Benedict.  You may enjoy that as it uses poached eggs.

Chrissy

Sephirah:

--- Quote from: ChrissyRyan on July 12, 2021, 06:48:58 pm ---
Interesting, that is.

I have also not had Eggs Benedict.  You may enjoy that as it uses poached eggs.

Chrissy

--- End quote ---

That always makes me think of Dirk Benedict. The OG Starbuck before Katee Sackhoff. Or Face from the original A-Team. Which makes me feel kind of weird lol. I have this weird idea that it's a plate of eggs with a cigar in it, hahaha.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version