Author Topic: Alaska Evening Hiking  (Read 759 times)

Online Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
Alaska Evening Hiking
« on: July 07, 2021, 01:46:29 pm »
Long Summer Daylight hours...  Sunset around Midnight

Here is some late evening Hiking pictures ... with my Tooth-Fairy Sweetie.
Hiking by ones self is not a good idea, and we always bring a handgun for protection from
aggressive wildlife.
     11:00PM

11:50PM
     The Sun just set right before midnight

1:00AM  Twightlight dusk, the moon is bight and low on the horizon. 
During late June and early July it never gets dark enough to see the Stars.
I am in the back taking the picture, that is my Tooth-Fairy Sweetie ahead of me.
We both have powerful and bright LED Flashlights.
***Sunrise at 3:20AM

« Last Edit: July 29, 2021, 06:44:27 pm by Northern Star Girl »
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 42

Offline Nadine Spirit

• Little Mrs. Snarky
    • Unordinary Style
Re: Alaska Evening Hikiing
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2021, 07:13:01 am »
Wow a handgun?  What type of wildlife might you encounter on these evening walks? 

I recently had to stop my evening/afternoon walks with my dog as we kept encountering rattlesnakes warming themselves in the middle of the road.  My lovely lab would run right up to them.  Needless to say we stopped walking shortly thereafter.  Now we only go out in the early morning before sunrise.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2021, 03:05:42 pm by Northern Star Girl »

Offline CaelaNotKayla

• Everyone needs a little glam sometime!
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2021, 09:50:05 am »
Those are some incredible pictures Danielle!  I've always liked sunrise/sunset hiking, with the long shadows rising over the ridge lines- but I have to say I've never done it after most of the bars have closed!!

Hugs!

Caela
« Last Edit: July 09, 2021, 03:06:04 pm by Northern Star Girl »
My Blog Thread - The Chronicles of Caela

Who knew it'd be so bright without the blindfold - Demi Lovato

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2021, 03:29:29 pm »
Wow a handgun?  What type of wildlife might you encounter on these evening walks? 

I recently had to stop my evening/afternoon walks with my dog as we kept encountering rattlesnakes warming themselves in the middle of the road.  My lovely lab would run right up to them.  Needless to say we stopped walking shortly thereafter.  Now we only go out in the early morning before sunrise.
@Nadine Spirit:
Dear Nadine:
YES, a handgun !!!
Indeed, I'm very serious about carrying "self-protection" when out in the woods and rural areas, especially so when it is not broad daylight.

Even in the early evening at my home when I take a 50 yard walk to take garbage to my bear-proof shed I have encountered wolves, bobcats, bears, Elk, Moose, etc.

The key is that one does not want to surprise them when accidentally encountering them, so I talk to myself, sing or otherwise make lots of noise.... then usually they will disappear into the surrounding brush and woods before they are seen. 
Sometimes however it they are hungry or just in a bad mood they have been known to get aggressive.

The best advice is to never venture out alone, especially in the evening and when trail hiking at any time, at those times... 
... and to carry some kind of protection.   Bear Spray or Mace is not always immediately effective especially if it is windy or if the creature is more than 5 or 10 feet away.  I don't want to be that close to that kind of danger if they decide to approach me with bad intentions.

Obviously, the handgun defense is the last and most serious and effective defense and is used only in life-threatening situations.

In my small rural town, wildlife such as I described can be often seen walking through town on the city roads and streets.

Thank you for your comment and posting.
HUGS,
Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW

Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017

Offline Nadine Spirit

• Little Mrs. Snarky
    • Unordinary Style
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2021, 09:14:03 pm »
Wow you Alaskans are crazy.  I am impressed.  I also really love the photos.  The scenery looks to die for, thanks for sharing.

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2021, 01:00:49 am »
To all of my friends and followers of my Blog thread since January 01, 2021 this year 
Here is one of my new threads that will tell you a little more about where I live.
@Devlyn  @Megan.  @Rakel  @mariah  @Laura1951  @sarahc  @davina61  @Nadine Spirit   @CaelaNotKayla  @EllenW   @Wendi   @Rachel Montgomery  @RandiL  @KateR  @Julie H  @ChrissyRyan  @ErinWDK  @Toni1 @Rachel  @TSL_NB  @Dorit  @mm  @CynthiaAnn  @CaelaNotKayla  @Maddie  @Jessica   @sarah1972  @JudiBlueEyes  @SarahEL   @JanePlain  @Pammie   @SoCal_Holly  @Perry  @Myranda  @ann Jolene  @KathyLauren  @steph2.0  @ramilove  @Faith   @Donica  @Katie Jade  @Alice  @Michaele  @HappyMoni  @DawnOday   @Ellie_Arroway  @Maddie  @stephaniec  @Carla68  @Margrit
==========================
On the way to another midnight sun evening hiking adventure just a couple miles from my home ....my Tooth-Fairy Sweetie and I saw a very big Bull Moose along the side of the road.... at over 1000 to 1300 pounds or even more and almost 7 feet high with and Antler wing spread of almost 5 feet.... this is something that you do not want to hit with your vehicle....  and Moose can be very aggressive,  so if on foot it is best to steer very clear of them if you see them. 
   (Left Click Images to Enlarge)

« Last Edit: July 10, 2021, 08:44:34 pm by Northern Star Girl »
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW

Offline Rachel

• Family
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2021, 06:20:20 pm »
I never knew male moose were aggressive and they walk through town too.

I have not hiked for over a year, except a few times. I need to get back to the trail. I would go at a time when I would be a certain point at sunrise. I have some great pics. I would never walk in the dark in a state park if there were critters that could hurt me. I guess there could be a bear in the woods though.

What is really cool is to listen to the owls communicating before sunrise and being in the park alone.
MTF in need of help link https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,133631.1980.html
MTF in need of help 2 link https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,251825.0.html
HRT  5-28-2013
FT   11-13-2015
FFS   9-16-2016 -Spiegel
GCS 11-15-2016 - McGinn
Hair Grafts 3-20-2017 - Cooley
Voice therapy start 3-2017 - Reene Blaker
Labiaplasty 5-15-2017 - McGinn
BA 7-12-2017 - McGinn
Hair grafts 9-25-2017 Dr.Cooley
Sataloff Cricothyroid subluxation and trachea shave12-11-2017
Dr. McGinn labiaplasty, hood repair, scar removal, graph repair and bottom of  vagina finished. urethra repositioned. 4-4-2018
Dr. Sataloff Glottoplasty 5-14-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal in office procedure 10-22-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal revision 2 4-3-2019 Bottom of vagina closed off, fat injected into the labia and urethra repositioned.
Dr. Thomas FemLar 10/13/2020
Dr. Thomas laser vocal procedure 2/17/2021

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Have a gentle manner ❤️
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2021, 10:45:51 am »
To all of my friends and followers of my Blog thread since January 01, 2021 this year 
Here is one of my new threads that will tell you a little more about where I live.
@Devlyn  @Megan.  @Rakel  @mariah  @Laura1951  @sarahc  @davina61  @Nadine Spirit   @CaelaNotKayla  @EllenW   @Wendi   @Rachel Montgomery  @RandiL  @KateR  @Julie H  @ChrissyRyan  @ErinWDK  @Toni1 @Rachel  @TSL_NB  @Dorit  @mm  @CynthiaAnn  @CaelaNotKayla  @Maddie  @Jessica   @sarah1972  @JudiBlueEyes  @SarahEL   @JanePlain  @Pammie   @SoCal_Holly  @Perry  @Myranda  @ann Jolene  @KathyLauren  @steph2.0  @ramilove  @Faith   @Donica  @Katie Jade  @Alice  @Michaele  @HappyMoni  @DawnOday   @Ellie_Arroway  @Maddie  @stephaniec  @Carla68  @Margrit
==========================
On the way to another midnight sun evening hiking adventure just a couple miles from my home ....my Tooth-Fairy Sweetie and I saw a very big Bull Moose along the side of the road.... at over 1000 to 1300 pounds or even more and almost 7 feet high with and Antler wing spread of almost 5 feet.... this is something that you do not want to hit with your vehicle....  and Moose can be very aggressive,  so if on foot it is best to steer very clear of them if you see them. 
   (Left Click Images to Enlarge)

Very nice pictures Danielle!

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Re: Alaska Evening Hiking
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2021, 06:37:37 pm »
More early evening hiking last weekend:
Beautiful scenery on the trail,
still lots of snow not too far up in the hills.
       (Left click Images to Enlarge)

« Last Edit: August 03, 2021, 12:32:05 pm by Northern Star Girl »
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Have a gentle manner ❤️
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2021, 07:04:05 pm »
Very nice, scenic pictures.   :)

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline RandiL

• Call me Rayna. Formerly Randi
  • On the way
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2021, 11:51:36 am »
Beautiful! Makes me want to get out there myself. Well, I'll do that tomorrow, heading for the summit of 14,115' Pikes Peak. And then week after next I'll spend a week at music camp at 10,000' in the spruce forest.

Around here any country below about 7,000' is dry and arid unless it's irrigated.

My smartphone thinks it's smarter than me. It's probably right.

Forging my new, best life as Rayna

My personal blog thread: Randi the lost traveler, finding the right road at last

My HRT thread: Randi's HRT Journal

Tags: