General Discussions > Nature and Pastimes

Alaska Evening Hiking

<< < (2/3) > >>

Northern Star Girl:
To all of my friends and followers of my Blog thread since January 01, 2021 this year 
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl 
Here is one of my new threads that will tell you a little more about where I live.
@Devlyn  @Megan.  @Rakel  @mariah  @Laura1951  @sarahc  @davina61  @Nadine Spirit   @CaelaNotKayla  @EllenW   @Wendi   @Rachel Montgomery  @RandiL  @KateR  @Julie H  @ChrissyRyan  @ErinWDK  @Toni1 @Rachel  @TSL_NB  @Dorit  @mm  @CynthiaAnn  @CaelaNotKayla  @Maddie  @Jessica   @sarah1972  @JudiBlueEyes  @SarahEL   @JanePlain  @Pammie   @SoCal_Holly  @Perry  @Myranda  @ann Jolene  @KathyLauren  @steph2.0  @ramilove  @Faith   @Donica  @Katie Jade  @Alice  @Michaele  @HappyMoni  @DawnOday   @Ellie_Arroway  @Maddie  @stephaniec  @Carla68  @Margrit
==========================
On the way to another midnight sun evening hiking adventure just a couple miles from my home ....my Tooth-Fairy Sweetie and I saw a very big Bull Moose along the side of the road.... at over 1000 to 1300 pounds or even more and almost 7 feet high with and Antler wing spread of almost 5 feet.... this is something that you do not want to hit with your vehicle....  and Moose can be very aggressive,  so if on foot it is best to steer very clear of them if you see them. 
   (Left Click Images to Enlarge)

Rachel:
I never knew male moose were aggressive and they walk through town too.

I have not hiked for over a year, except a few times. I need to get back to the trail. I would go at a time when I would be a certain point at sunrise. I have some great pics. I would never walk in the dark in a state park if there were critters that could hurt me. I guess there could be a bear in the woods though.

What is really cool is to listen to the owls communicating before sunrise and being in the park alone.

ChrissyRyan:

--- Quote from: Northern Star Girl on July 10, 2021, 01:00:49 am ---To all of my friends and followers of my Blog thread since January 01, 2021 this year 
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl 
Here is one of my new threads that will tell you a little more about where I live.
@Devlyn  @Megan.  @Rakel  @mariah  @Laura1951  @sarahc  @davina61  @Nadine Spirit   @CaelaNotKayla  @EllenW   @Wendi   @Rachel Montgomery  @RandiL  @KateR  @Julie H  @ChrissyRyan  @ErinWDK  @Toni1 @Rachel  @TSL_NB  @Dorit  @mm  @CynthiaAnn  @CaelaNotKayla  @Maddie  @Jessica   @sarah1972  @JudiBlueEyes  @SarahEL   @JanePlain  @Pammie   @SoCal_Holly  @Perry  @Myranda  @ann Jolene  @KathyLauren  @steph2.0  @ramilove  @Faith   @Donica  @Katie Jade  @Alice  @Michaele  @HappyMoni  @DawnOday   @Ellie_Arroway  @Maddie  @stephaniec  @Carla68  @Margrit
==========================
On the way to another midnight sun evening hiking adventure just a couple miles from my home ....my Tooth-Fairy Sweetie and I saw a very big Bull Moose along the side of the road.... at over 1000 to 1300 pounds or even more and almost 7 feet high with and Antler wing spread of almost 5 feet.... this is something that you do not want to hit with your vehicle....  and Moose can be very aggressive,  so if on foot it is best to steer very clear of them if you see them. 
   (Left Click Images to Enlarge)

--- End quote ---

Very nice pictures Danielle!

Chrissy

Northern Star Girl:
More early evening hiking last weekend:
Beautiful scenery on the trail,
still lots of snow not too far up in the hills.
       (Left click Images to Enlarge)

ChrissyRyan:
Very nice, scenic pictures.   :)

Chrissy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version