Site News and Information > Introductions

Howdy from Texas!

(1/3) > >>

TXSara:
Hi everyone!

I have been lurking for a little while, but have decided to go ahead and join the conversation.  I am in the early stages of transition, and I'm hoping that I'll be able to learn from all of you as well as possibly help out others that follow later.

Here's where I currently am -- I have chosen to take a fairly slow route in that I want to give my wife/kids as much time to wrap their heads around this as possible.  They have known now for over 1.5 years, and I still haven't started on hormones.  I think that I'm ready.

I have been "greasing the skids" over the past few years without actually starting hormones (laser and electrolysis, hair transplants, lowering BMI), and I have been trying to make sure that as time goes on my confidence in my path is increasing rather than decreasing.  At this point, my wife and kids are all very supportive even though they have their ups and downs.  I finally found the courage to tell my Mom about my plans this past weekend -- she was extremely supportive and concerned only for my happiness and for my wife's well-being.  I'm very lucky.

I plan to tell my two sisters prior to beginning HRT -- it'll be a big shock to them, but I believe that my best chance of keeping my relationships intact is to allow them plenty of time and to bring them along for the ride.  I am hopeful that I'll be able to navigate the relationship minefield without TOO many casualties -- maybe I'm being naive, but there's always hope!

I am transitioning later in life (48 years old), so this is going to be very hard.  Wish me luck!

~Sara

Northern Star Girl:
@TXSara
Dear Sara
    First thing!!! ... I wish to Officially Welcome YOU to Susan's Place.
    I am happy to see that you have signed up as a member of Susan's Place and have submitted your first posting. 

As you post here on the forums you will be able to exchange thoughts and comments with others that are experiencing many of the same things that you wrote about.

This is the right place for you to be to find out what others may have to say that may have been in your circumstances and with your questions and concerns.
    There are a lot of members here that will be able to identify with your situation as you continue to feel free to share it.

You will find this a safe and friendly place to share with others and to read about others similar trials, tribulations, and successes.

As you are certainly aware you can share with others and involve yourself with some give and take with other like-minded members.  When frustrated or if you have successes you can share it here if you wish and receive support from others and offer support to others. ....
     ***There is a very good chance that you might find that you will make some new like-minded friends here. 

Please come in and continue to be involved at your own pace.   Other members will be along shortly to give you their thoughts about your questions and concerns that you mentioned in your very first posting.

There are informational and important LINKS that I have included below.   You will find information about the site that will help you navigate around and best utilize the features here.   
Please look closely at the LINKS in RED, answers are there to many questions that new members ask....

Again, Welcome to Susan's Place.
Danielle

Here are some links to the site rules and stuff that all new members should be familiar with:

Things that you should readSite Terms of Service & Rules to Live ByStandard Terms & DefinitionsPost Ranks (including when you can upload an avatar)Cautionary NoteReputation rulesNews posting & quoting guidelinesPhoto, avatars, & signature images policyMembership Agreement

Maid Marion:
Hi Sara,

Good luck with your transition.  It is great that you have the support of you wife and kids!

Marion

ChrissyRyan:
Hi!

Welcome Sara!

Chrissy

TXSara:
Thank you for the nice comments!

Chrissy, I really like your signature line about it being more important to transition "well" than "quickly" -- I feel like that idea both keeps me going and slows me down at the same time.

I think that things are going really well for me right now, and I'm gaining confidence that this is the right path.  I'm also more and more confident that I made a good choice by taking it slow and letting my wife/kids have time to come around.  It seems like there have been plenty of rollercoaster ups and downs, but my relationship with my wife continues to be strong.  Hopefully we'll be part of the minority that makes it through this!

~Sara

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version