Community Conversation > Crossdresser talk

miss understood

(1/2) > >>

missmash:
Hi Everyone!
This is my first post.  I was at a party last weekend and there was this guy that was on his soapbox ranting and raving about gays and trans people and how they are poisoning and corrupting our nations children.  My significant other was there and her and I didn't say anything as we were guests but she knew that it affected me as I stood up and walked away from the discussion.  She later told me that she wanted to throttle this guy for the way he was talking.  I told her that it wasn't worth the energy as he was just ignorant.  My significant other and my ex know that I cross dress but nobody else and I didn't think it would be appropriate to come out in that setting, let alone to some guy that we just met.  I cant stop thinking about it and it really upset us.  How do all of you handle the negativity of our clueless society?
Miss Mash

Sephirah:

--- Quote from: missmash on July 12, 2021, 03:24:01 pm ---Hi Everyone!
This is my first post.  I was at a party last weekend and there was this guy that was on his soapbox ranting and raving about gays and trans people and how they are poisoning and corrupting our nations children.  My significant other was there and her and I didn't say anything as we were guests but she knew that it affected me as I stood up and walked away from the discussion.  She later told me that she wanted to throttle this guy for the way he was talking.  I told her that it wasn't worth the energy as he was just ignorant.  My significant other and my ex know that I cross dress but nobody else and I didn't think it would be appropriate to come out in that setting, let alone to some guy that we just met.  I cant stop thinking about it and it really upset us.  How do all of you handle the negativity of our clueless society?
Miss Mash

--- End quote ---

Honestly, sweetie, I just chalk it up to "the smallest dogs bark the loudest".

The thing I've found with people who actively evangelise against people is that they're super in the closet themselves. What they're actually hating is that some people have the courage to do the things they daren't do themselves. And they project this onto people who actually do have the guts to get out there and be themselves.

Most of society don't care. It doesn't affect them. It's the extremes who make it their thing... it's more about them than it is about you, hon. As the old saying goes: "Criticism tells us more about the critic than the criticised." And with trans issues, this couldn't be more true.

How do I deal with it? I feel sorry for them. That they either are so conflicted, or have so little going on within their own lives that they have to make a point to harass other people who are doing nothing to them.

Northern Star Girl:

--- Quote from: mishmash on July 12, 2021, 03:24:01 pm ---Hi Everyone!
Miss Mash

--- End quote ---
@missmash
Dear Miss Mash
    First thing!!! ... I wish to Officially Welcome YOU to Susan's Place.
    I am happy to see that you have signed up as a member of Susan's Place and have submitted your first posting. 

As you post here on the forums you will be able to exchange thoughts and comments with others that are experiencing many of the same things that you wrote about.

This is the right place for you to be to find out what others may have to say that may have been in your circumstances and with your questions and concerns.
    There are a lot of members here that will be able to identify with your situation as you continue to feel free to share it.

You will find this a safe and friendly place to share with others and to read about others similar trials, tribulations, and successes.

As you are certainly aware you can share with others and involve yourself with some give and take with other like-minded members.  When frustrated or if you have successes you can share it here if you wish and receive support from others and offer support to others. ....
     ***There is a very good chance that you might find that you will make some new like-minded friends here. 

Please come in and continue to be involved at your own pace.   Other members will be along shortly to give you their thoughts about your questions and concerns that you mentioned in your very first posting.

There are informational and important LINKS that I have included below.   You will find information about the site that will help you navigate around and best utilize the features here.   
Please look closely at the LINKS in RED, answers are there to many questions that new members ask....

Again, Welcome to Susan's Place.
Danielle

Here are some links to the site rules and stuff that all new members should be familiar with:

Things that you should readSite Terms of Service & Rules to Live ByStandard Terms & DefinitionsPost Ranks (including when you can upload an avatar)Cautionary NoteReputation rulesNews posting & quoting guidelinesPhoto, avatars, & signature images policyMembership Agreement

Northern Star Girl:
@missmash
Dear Miss Mash
One more thing......
If you feel so inclined please feel free to stop by the Introductions Forum to briefly tell more members about yourself and to let them know of your arrival to Susan's Place.!

With more exposure to more members here you will be able to get more responses to your questions and concerns.
Wishing your well as you continue to be involved in the forums.

****NOTE: Now, after all of this Greeting and Welcoming stuff, I will give you and other readers the thread back so that the conversation can continue on.

Again, I am glad to see that you have joined Susan's Place.  I will be eagerly looking for your future postings around the Forums.

If you have any questions you can contact ME via email    northernstargirl@susans.org
Danielle
Global Moderator

missmash:
Thanks for the words of encouragement Sephirah!  Sorry, I just needed to vent to someone that understands.  Thank you Danielle for the warm welcome and yes I will set up an introduction post as I surely value all of your opinions.  BTW Danielle it's Miss Mash not mish mash (although that's how I feel sometimes)! :)  have a great day everyone!!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version