Site News and Information > Introductions

Hi - I'm Zoey

(1/2) > >>

Zoey Starr:
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Zoey. I am MtF on HRT. This is my second time on hormones. The first time was 2003-2007. I made the decision to stop because I decided ultimately SRS wasn't what I wanted at that time. The Therapist and Dr. I was seeing had me believing that I only had a binary choice and I wasn't ready to make a dramatic change. I stopped HRT and put my wig back on the shelf.

In 2018, I met someone who encouraged me to try again. I dropped 20 lbs. to get back my girlish figure and in Spring of 2019 I started going back out in public on a fairly regular basis. In July, I did some Lipo-sculpting with fat transfer to the bootie (BBL). In the Fall of 2019 I got an awesome new cut and color for my hair and started figuring out some new make up tricks and another me started to emerge.

I decide to begin HRT again in February of 2020. I discovered that Planned Parenthood was willing to prescribe HRT with "Informed Consent" so no therapist or endocrinologist would be required. Health insurance under Obamacare even covered the Estradiol with a $4/month co-pay. My body responded very quickly to the Estradiol. First thing I noticed (after two weeks) was my sense of smell had intensified. After 1 month my skin was noticeably softer and smoother. Most of my facial hair was mostly gone from laser treatments in 2003/4 but I did a few rounds of Electrolysis and 1 laser treatment in early March (pre-COVID lockdown) just to get back to where I wanted to be. After 60 days my breasts were really starting to fill out. Lots of tenderness and nipples were extremely sensitive. After 90 days I could almost fill out a C-cup. I was surprised to see such a dramatic change so quickly in my breasts since my first round of HRT had somewhat limited results. After about a year on HRT Progesterone was added to the mix and now at 16 months I am very happy with my breast development and the other changes I am seeing.

So now that I'm vaccinated and we are moving into a post COVID world, I feel like I'm emotionally and physically in a better place this time around. SRS is still not a part of my plan for now and that is OK with me. I find that I am blending in with the crowd when I'm out and about. I even get hit on pretty frequently by both hot guys and cute girls. Women are kind and treat me like I'm just one of the girls. I think it is a different social environment than it was in the mid 2000's and trans women are nothing unusual with the current generation. I used to only feel comfortable in a designated safe place (ie... a drag bar or gay bar) but now I can go just about anywhere and feel welcome.

Well that is about all I can think to share about me and my journey at this time.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone here.

Hugs,

Zoey

Maid Marion:
Hi Zoey,

Great to hear that HRT is helping your get your desired body!

Folks have been pretty accepting at work.  No HRT here but I wear women's clothes, paint my nails, and wear heels when the weather is appropriate. 

Marion

Zoey Starr:
Hi Marion,
Nice to meet you. HRT has been a big part of the process. I have had some cosmetic surgery too. It seems like there is always a procedure or two on my list. LOL.
Z.

Northern Star Girl:
@Zoey Starr
Dear Zoey
    Please know that I am not trying to hijack your post and your questions and concerns but first I wish to Officially Welcome YOU to Susan's Place.
    I am happy to see that you have signed up as a member of Susan's Place and have submitted your first posting. 

As you post here on the forums you will be able to exchange thoughts and comments with others that are experiencing many of the same things that you wrote about.

This is the right place for you to be to find out what others may have to say that may have been in your circumstances and with your questions and concerns.
    There are a lot of members here that will be able to identify with your situation as you continue to feel free to share it.

You will find this a safe and friendly place to share with others and to read about others similar trials, tribulations, and successes.

As you are certainly aware you can share with others and involve yourself with some give and take with other like-minded members.  When frustrated or if you have successes you can share it here if you wish and receive support from others and offer support to others. ....
     ***There is a very good chance that you might find that you will make some new like-minded friends here. 

Please come in and continue to be involved at your own pace.   Other members will be along shortly to give you their thoughts about your questions and concerns that you mentioned in your very first posting.

There are informational and important LINKS that I have included below.   You will find information about the site that will help you navigate around and best utilize the features here.   
Please look closely at the LINKS in RED, answers are there to many questions that new members ask....

Again, Welcome to Susan's Place.
Danielle

Here are some links to the site rules and stuff that all new members should be familiar with:

Things that you should readSite Terms of Service & Rules to Live ByStandard Terms & DefinitionsPost Ranks (including when you can upload an avatar)Cautionary NoteReputation rulesNews posting & quoting guidelinesPhoto, avatars, & signature images policyMembership Agreement

Zoey Starr:
Hi Danielle,
Thank you for the kind welcome and information provided.
Z.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version