Community Conversation > Voice Therapy and Surgery

Voice Tools App on Android

(1/1)

borntrans:
Anyone else use the Voice Tools app on Android? I find it very useful it shows me where my voice range is, it's helping a lot because I am getting my voice more and more in the female range. It has different words and sentences to speak, im often right now getting my voice to start on the right female range but then it drops down to the male range so I need to work on maintaining the upper tones. I honestly don't know what I would do without the app lol it would be much more time consuming recording my voice and listening to it over again.

Rakel:
I do not have a voice app installed on my cell phone, but I have talked into a friend's cell phone app and my voice recorded right at the female level. Needless to say, I am very pleased with my voice and I do not feel a need to further pursue voice therapy.

The important thing I learned is that the voice we hear when we speak is somewhat different from the voice that is recorded and others hear. Everyone should try speaking into a voice app at least once.  ;)

ChrissyRyan:

--- Quote from: Rakel on July 25, 2021, 05:29:17 am ---I do not have a voice app installed on my cell phone, but I have talked into a friend's cell phone app and my voice recorded right at the female level. Needless to say, I am very pleased with my voice and I do not feel a need to further pursue voice therapy.

The important thing I learned is that the voice we hear when we speak is somewhat different from the voice that is recorded and others hear. Everyone should try speaking into a voice app at least once.  ;)

--- End quote ---

At the very least, record your voice into a voice memo or recording application (app or program) and then playback your voice.  A voice app will provide much more information, such as the frequency levels of your voice.

Voice training is important, obviously.  Hearing how others hear you is VERY important. There is a difficult process of connecting what YOU hear as you speak to the desired sound you want for OTHERS to hear as you speak.

Chrissy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version