Author Topic: Policy on COVID-19 Topics and Replies  (Read 1870 times)

Offline Susan

• Susan's Place Transgender Resources
Policy on COVID-19 Topics and Replies
« on: July 31, 2021, 05:20:22 pm »
With the surge of the Delta variant under way in the United States at this time I want to make perfectly clear that there is a policy prohibiting all anti-Mask/anti-Vax/or any kind of COVID-19 disinformation or misinformation from being posted on this site.

If you wanna discuss those topics in a way that differs from the advice given by reputable mainstream medical authorities and organizations, take it to another web site.

The staff will hence forth delete any posts that do so on sight.

While I didn't talk much on the site about it, I personally witnessed a friend die from COVID-19. I saw them fight to live, coughing up blood, their skin changing colors, I saw their struggle to breath, and I saw them die. It wasn't a pleasant way to go. Death was a blessing to them. 

I am fully vaccinated, and I recommend everyone who isn't do so as soon as possible! Even though I am vaccinated against COVID-19 with the infectiousness  of the Delta variant, I wear a mask anytime I am in an enclosed space with anyone else. I would strongly suggest you to do so as well.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! You can also view the donor wall of fame.

Offline Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
Re: Policy on COVID-19 Topics and Replies
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2021, 09:34:30 pm »
@Susan
Dear Susan:
Thank you for posting the  "COVID-19 Topics and Replies" policy
for all of our members to see and to read.

This will give us all a reference to help define what is acceptable
and what is not ... here on the Forums.

Thanks,

Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 42

Offline Ellie_Jean

• Friend
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2021, 03:27:18 pm »
...My old engine boss from my firefighting days died of Covid. 😞

...Then again...my old engine boss was also a happy-go-lucky 60+ year-old alcoholic meth-junkie pothead who was regularly running into WILDFIRES with a devil-may-care attitude about him...sooo...he was probably gonna die soon anyway. 😅

Sigh...Johnny woulda loved that joke...if there's an afterlife somewhere...Johnny is there...looking back at everything we survived together...smokin' a pipe and laughin' his butt off... 🥲
« Last Edit: November 15, 2021, 11:47:43 am by Ellie_Jean »
“Come to the edge!" he said.
"We can't; we're afraid!" they responded.
"Come to the edge!" he said.
"We can't; we will fall!" they responded.
And they came.
And he pushed.
And they FLEW.

― Guillaume Apollinaire (French Poet; 1880 - 1918)

Pammie

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2021, 04:02:19 pm »
@Susan
Dear Susan:
Thank you for posting the  "COVID-19 Topics and Replies" policy
for all of our members to see and to read.

This will give us all a reference to help define what is acceptable
and what is not ... here on the Forums.

Thanks,

Danielle
Im gladly with the programme on this one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Have a gentle manner ❤️
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2021, 04:04:50 pm »
I find it interesting that so many people were waiting for a vaccine and now that we have medically tested ones, that many do not want to take it!  Perhaps those that do not want it for themselves never wanted it.

Wear good fitting masks, preferably certified N95 or N100 masks.

No one wants to get COVID-19 and no one wants to give it to someone.  Please play it safe.  Wear masks when in the public settings or inside with others you do not live with.

Chrissy

Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

I am a brown eyed brunette.

Offline Ellie_Jean

• Friend
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2021, 05:02:46 pm »
Personally speaking, I haven't gotten all the vaccines and boosters yet, and I'm not going to, simply because I'm super terrified of needles, and I'm pretty sure mom and I both already had both strains of Covid. Mom doesn't want to get vaccinated because she's seventy years old with a list of health conditions longer than my forearm, and got scared of the vaccine after one of her AA friends got sick and passed away after getting vaccinated...personally, I'm pretty sure that guy was probably gonna die anyway regardless of getting vaccinated lol, but hey, everybody's got their reasons. I've always been socially liberal and independent; I'll always be pro-choice when it comes to people being free to make their own decisions in regards to what they do with their own body. ...Just my 🪙🪙.

I find it interesting that so many people were waiting for a vaccine and now that we have medically tested ones, that many do not want to take it!

I find it kinda funny, in a dark, sad sorta way. People were demanding a vaccine, then we got some in record time, which made some people suspicious, which made people start to doubt the efficacy of the vaccines until we elected a new President, then all of a sudden, the people who were originally casting doubt on vaccines became angry and confused as to why people weren't trusting the vaccine their newly elected President was trying to push on people lol. 😅

...It's a bad joke lol. Neither the left nor the right should have ever tried to make this stuff political. Smh. 😔
« Last Edit: November 14, 2021, 08:13:26 pm by Ellie_Jean »
“Come to the edge!" he said.
"We can't; we're afraid!" they responded.
"We can't; we will fall!" they responded.
And they came.
And he pushed.
And they FLEW.

― Guillaume Apollinaire (French Poet; 1880 - 1918)

Tags: