Community Conversation > Non-binary talk

can I walk instead of running

(1/5) > >>

mf2020:
I'd like to start doing some regular exercise every day on reducing my belly fat, I have a few general questions
1. Can I walk for longer time instead of running for shorter time? I understand running is the best but I don't like running.
2. Is it good or bad to run with my corset? This is a cheap corset which wasn't advertised to have any specified purpose, I bought it just for fun but it is okay, I like it, it's not uncomfortable

Thanks for any comments

ChrissyRyan:
If you are looking for equivalent workouts, perhaps someone else can answer.

There can be great value in walking and hiking.  Plus, it is a pleasant activity.

I would personally not wear a corset during a tough workout or on a very hot day; but, for casual walking and everyday going here to there that seems okay.   If it is an easy walk for a few hours that seems okay but not if it is too tight to breathe easily, of course.

Chrissy

Maid Marion:
I don't do any strenuous exercises like running.  Instead I putter around in my garden and have excellent muscle tone.  I'll do things like use a small shovel and work longer to get stuff done.  My doctor retired so I had to find a new one.  Neither has any issues with my diet and exercise routines. 

Marion

Northern Star Girl:

--- Quote from: mf2020 on August 01, 2021, 05:19:38 am ---I'd like to start doing some regular exercise every day on reducing my belly fat, I have a few general questions
1. Can I walk for longer time instead of running for shorter time? I understand running is the best but I don't like running.
2. Is it good or bad to run with my corset? This is a cheap corset which wasn't advertised to have any specified purpose, I bought it just for fun but it is okay, I like it, it's not uncomfortable

Thanks for any comments

--- End quote ---
@mf2020
Walking is a very good "low impact" exercise... especially if walking at a pace fast enough and walking long enough to increase your heart rate.
I walk just about every day, in town, on the rural roads around town, and hiking in the hills. 
I do sometimes run and jog... and I get involved in charity runs and marathons from time to time,
but walking is my primary form of daily exercise.

Wishing you well,
Danielle

healthline
                    https://www.healthline.com/health/exercise-fitness/is-walking-cardio

Below is an the introduction excerpt from the Healthline article.   
Go to the website LINK above to find more information.

"If your idea of an effective cardio workout involves long-distance running, high-intensity cycling, or a vigorous aerobics class, you’d be right, but you’d be leaving out a simple, but effective activity.

Brisk walking is a great cardio workout that can be done indoors or outdoors, at any time of day or night, and without the need for a gym membership or a lot of special gear.

All you need for a walking workout is a comfortable, sturdy pair of shoes and the motivation to lace them up and get on your feet.

This article will take a closer look at the benefits of walking as cardio exercise, and how you can boost your fitness and health by putting some pep in your step."

Lady Grey:
Walking is just as good as running as long as you walk really fast and move your arms vigorously up and down in a very exaggerated and pronounced manner.  You will most likely look like a giant dork though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version