Author Topic: Beard Comes Through Makeup After Few Hours  (Read 513 times)

Offline borntrans

• Megan O'Howe
Beard Comes Through Makeup After Few Hours
« on: August 19, 2021, 11:28:36 pm »
I'm only on almost 2 months on HRT. I've had 6 laser sessions but only a few consecutive because of the lockdowns. I've got better at putting on makeup but my problem is my beard shadow is really hard to cover up. I tried the Jecca blac stuff and I can put a few layers on and my beard shadow is still visible a tiny bit because of the few hairs I can't seem to cut to a close shave for every hair, but after a few hours my beard peeks through. Does anyone know of anything I could do or if its normal? More layers? I tried 2 layers of the jecca blac. It's the same thing with NYX concealer and foundation.

I plan on living full time soon at work it will be alright because I will be dirty anyway but when I go out I think I will limit my time out to 3 hours before I go home. I've been doing that lately anyway lol at least until my beard slows in growth more from HRT and I get more laser sessions. It would be nice to be able to stay out for more than 3 hours without worrying about looking dirty lol.

I heard beard hairs grow in cycles and some hairs remain hidden for periods so maybe that explains why it barely seems I lost 30% of my hairs above my lip.
Started HRT June 22, 2021. Started living full time August 28, 2021.

Offline Margrit

• Housewife
  • I love to run a proper and clean household.
Re: Beard Comes Through Makeup After Few Hours
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2021, 12:43:26 am »
By the way, I just noticed your new Avatar and I really must say, your makeup and especially your hairstyle fits you perfectly well. You are doing great!
If a man can make you smile,
even if you don't want to,
then you love him.

Offline Kalandrina

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2021, 05:06:44 am »
You will struggle with laser above the lip and just under the lips as the skin is slightly different and the density of follicles is more intense. Laser is not able to really get into the curves as well, so best to get some electrolysis to help on the lips area as that can very quickly remove the shadow and fast regrowth, then you end up with wispy finer hair regrowth
This ain't a song for the broken-hearted
No silent prayer for the faith-departed
I ain't gonna be just a face in the crowd
You're gonna hear my voice
When I shout it out loud
It's my life
It's now or never
I ain't gonna live forever
I just want to live while I'm alive
(It's my life)
My heart is like an open highway
Like Frankie said
I did it my way
I just want to live while I'm alive
It's my life

Offline Angelaney

• Friend
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2021, 02:45:45 am »
I get about 6-7 hours before it starts to show through, I use an orange concealer on that whole area and top it over with a a light concealer, liquid foundation and then a powder foundation.

Offline Rakel

• Formerly known as Dani
  • Rakel@susans.org
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2021, 05:27:43 am »
With only two months of HRT, there will be no noticable effects from HRT. Give us another report in two years. HRT is a very slow process.

Depending on your skin tone and hair color, laser has variable effectiveness. If a person really needs to remove all facial hair, then electrolysis is the only method to be proven as permanent and even at that, it takes many hours to do it properly.

Retired Pharmacist with over 40 years experience in Hospital and Retail Pharmacies.
I still keep my professional licence active and in good standing.

Offline borntrans

• Megan O'Howe
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2021, 08:11:54 pm »
Thanks everyone for the feedback. I did notice since pre HRT after 24 hours my facial hair is growing like 1/10th slower it's practically nothing its more the laser sessions but my hair used to get a certain thickness after a day, im glad its not as bad as it used to be, i will just look dirty after a couple hours up close or cakey if i touch it too much. im sure the people I hang out with will be fine with it if I stay longer some nights. I could just will wear a mask more often too even sitting down etc and take it off with people im comfortable with. I can always do touchups every so often it wont hide the shadow completely but will help. It will be harder for me for the first couple months living full time until I get more laser sessions and HRT works it's magic, I just want to be myself lol. 7-10 more days until full time!

Its been humid out too so once it cools down the makeup will be easier to apply. This is todays attempt if you look you can notice the shadow but from a distance its harder to see.
Started HRT June 22, 2021. Started living full time August 28, 2021.

Tags: