Community Conversation > Post operative life

Perfect place and position to vaginal douche?

<< < (3/4) > >>

Rakel:

--- Quote from: sarahc on August 28, 2021, 09:20:07 am ---.... And I use a homemade 50% distilled vinegar solution. These were all things that were recommended by my surgeon.

--- End quote ---

Sarah,

Please check with your surgeon again about the 50% vinegar solution. Most women douche with a solution of one or two  tablespoonful in a cup of water.

Margrit:

--- Quote from: Rakel on August 27, 2021, 09:04:42 pm ---How often? Once every month or two. I do not have any vaginal problems to speak of.

--- End quote ---

That is great for you. :)

I love that feeling of to be clean everywhere and so I douche Vaginal daily while i take a shower. It is skin and skin needs to be cleaned and nursed, but that is just my understanding.

Margrit:

--- Quote from: Rakel on August 28, 2021, 08:11:22 pm ---Sarah,

Please check with your surgeon again about the 50% vinegar solution. Most women douche with a solution of one or two  tablespoonful in a cup of water.

--- End quote ---

Vinegar? Why?
Does a vinegar solution not leave a unpleasant odor?

Rakel:

--- Quote from: Margrit on September 19, 2021, 09:55:04 am ---Vinegar? Why?
Does a vinegar solution not leave a unpleasant odor?

--- End quote ---

Dilute vinegar is used for a douche because it is mildly acidic and prevents bacteria from growing in your vagina. You can also use a dilute solution of povidone - iodine solution, but this is mainly used for a more serious infection. I would only douche with povidone - iodine when my doctor requests I use this douche. Otherwise, I use a commercial preparation of dilute vinegar solution. The commercial preparations use distilled vinegar, which does not have any odor that I can detect.

Margrit:

--- Quote from: Rakel on September 19, 2021, 08:02:41 pm ---Dilute vinegar is used for a douche because it is mildly acidic and prevents bacteria from growing in your vagina. You can also use a dilute solution of povidone - iodine solution, but this is mainly used for a more serious infection. I would only douche with povidone - iodine when my doctor requests I use this douche. Otherwise, I use a commercial preparation of dilute vinegar solution. The commercial preparations use distilled vinegar, which does not have any odor that I can detect.

--- End quote ---

Thank you so much for your explain. That’s interesting.
My doctor told me i should do it  with water and that works perfectly well for me. Next time i go to see him, i will ask about the vinegar.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version