Community Conversation > Gender Correction Surgery

A wild “Surgery Scheduled Date!” has appeared!

(1/3) > >>

Misato:
Hey,

Sorry. (I’m Minnesotan, that’s what we say when we don’t know what else to say before we get started.)

So, it turns out I have a surgery date for a minimal depth vaginoplasty in about two months. I had no idea that it had gotten scheduled, I was trying to contact the hospital about my date and poof! There it was on the website.

All I care about is healing. Then being able to get back to work, then go figure skating in leggings while not having to worry about the extra bit bulging out. As weird, and vulnerable I imagine showing off my flatness there will feel. Part of me is all, “It’s silly to have surgery. It’s society’s problem with what you have between your legs now, not yours.” But then another part of me is going, “but it’s uncomfortable, and annoying. And quite honestly, getting this over with is your best shot at being able to move on from the transitional period of your life.” The latter is right as it is the anchor that wears on me.

I feel old school. I know there’s a spectrum and all that but for me, I want my body to reflect the woman I am. What’s between my legs sends the wrong signal. Loudly.

I do know minimal depth is right for me. I’m asexual, and I do not have time for dilation. I do worry my surgeon is something of a noob. When the guy I was going to see quit the second surgeon, a urologist, started doing surgery it seems. Not a great situation, but it’s also the only way my insurance will pay.

But that’s where I’m at. I am looking forward to my big day finally getting here. Once I’m through surgery then I can start pursuing a career change cause I need to maintain a medical for it, and surgery will deny me that for some period of time. Then I wanna find a figure skating coach, and get good enough to perform one routine cause goodness it makes me so happy I finally have an interest in something that has a participation level by women that’s greater than 7%.

pamelatransuk:
Hello again Misato

As you see from my name I am from UK, and just like you I never had any doubts that MDV was the correct course for me as I am asexual and do not want the burden of dilation. I have always wanted a female body solely to align with my mind with no intention whatsoever of sexual participation.

I had MDV on June 10th (my thread on this Board refers) and I was completely mobile on July 19th and my 5 weeks fatigue had disappeared. My post op check on August 6th proved to be successful as I had healed really well.

I wish you every happiness and success for your MDV in Minnesota in late October.

Hugs

Pamela xx

Maid Marion:
Hi Misato,

Good luck on your surgery.  Hope all goes well.

Marion

Misato:

--- Quote from: pamelatransuk on August 29, 2021, 05:59:45 am ---Hello again Misato

As you see from my name I am from UK, and just like you I never had any doubts that MDV was the correct course for me as I am asexual and do not want the burden of dilation. I have always wanted a female body solely to align with my mind with no intention whatsoever of sexual participation.

I had MDV on June 10th (my thread on this Board refers) and I was completely mobile on July 19th and my 5 weeks fatigue had disappeared. My post op check on August 6th proved to be successful as I had healed really well.

I wish you every happiness and success for your MDV in Minnesota in late October.

Hugs

Pamela xx

--- End quote ---

I skimmed your thread. Good stories like yours give me hope that it will turn out ok because surgery, that’s any surgery, freaks me out. I read the stories of others that have had a rough ride and… it’s a testament to how much I need to be flat that I’ve gotten this far.

I don’t have a need to see my new vagina though. Credit to my conservative, up-tight, sexually inhibited upbringing as much as being ace there. But I guess that’ll make it easier for me to be happy with the results.

Misato:
Hospital called me today to actually tell me about the surgery date, so it’s looking good.

I’m not sure what to tell my jobs. I’m not out at either one, and I don’t want to be. I have an appointment with a doctor next week that will tell me about the impact surgery is going to have on the medical clearance I need for one of them. Last year he sounded like it wouldn’t be a big deal.

I just hope it goes well, and I heal well cause I’m worried about ending up with chronic pain or something.

My friends are being supportive. I appreciate that, though I do wish they’d ask me questions in part so I could explore the answers.

My SO will be coming to town to help me. I’m standing firm against her seeing me naked once it’s done. As if that would be a change from now.

I hope that afterward I don’t think about being trans so much. Yeah I have my Adam’s apple, and deep voice, wide shoulders, deep set eyes, and huge nose. But it’s my penis that I chronically worry about. With a minimal depth vagina instead, I think that’s going to help a lot. Good golly the first time I go though the full body scanners at the airport after surgery I’ll probably break down and cry! But this time happy tears!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version