Community Conversation > Passing

Oh I wish I had hair

(1/4) > >>

Jessica_K:
I was out with my wife and friends last weekend and as such I had to dress male (long story). A photo was taken of us all and it was shared around. I played with the photo, just adding hair and what a difference. I pass well when I am my usual self, wig, a bit of makeup, clothes etc, but did not realise how much of a difference hair makes. So... Oh I wish I had hair.

Here is part of that photo with hair added.

Jessica xxx

Tess100:
The thinning and or complete loss of hair for us is a bummer.  I go through phases of looking at the bald patch on top of my head and feeling really anxious about the rest of myself.

Lyric:
My hair has thinned considerably in recent times as well, but I don't waste time fretting about it. The Scarecrow wishes for a brain, the Tinman wants a heart and so on. Countless people of all genders deal with the loss of hair (and more important things) they desire and find ways to manage. Wigs and hairpieces are hardly ideal, but they also offer advantages. You do the best with what you have in life. I've very happy with everything I do have.

Pammie:

--- Quote from: Lyric on September 14, 2021, 02:07:55 pm ---My hair has thinned considerably in recent times as well, but I don't waste time fretting about it. The Scarecrow wishes for a brain, the Tinman wants a heart and so on. Countless people of all genders deal with the loss of hair (and more important things) they desire and find ways to manage. Wigs and hairpieces are hardly ideal, but they also offer advantages. You do the best with what you have in life. I've very happy with everything I do have.

--- End quote ---
Well said Lyric. That positive attitude is critical I think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

barbie:
Recently I read a news article written by a doctor of my age who says he has successfully prevented his hair loss by shampooing twice for 2 minutes every day. As my scalp is also oily, I started to shampoo my hair at least once every day and quitted taking finasteride. I took finasteride for several years, but still am not sure of its effectiveness for hair loss.

barbie~~

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version