Community Conversation > Facial feminization surgery

Full FFS is finally happening. Excited/ nervous!

(1/3) > >>

Sophiaprincess2019:
Good evening all, hope everyone is staying safe. You may recall I had to fight my insurance company to approve FFS. I stayed in the fight and eventually won.

Having the following done:
Type 3 forehead- contoured
Frontal sinus setback
Orbital rims contoured
Brow lift
Reduction rhinoplasty
Cheek and temple areas fat grafted
Genioplasty with sliding osteotomy
Jaw reduction and contouring
Trachael shave

My surgery date is November 8th 2021 at UCLA Medical Center. It's coming up fast. This Thursday  going to visit, in person, with my Surgeon for the 1st time since our video visit in September 2020. I'm currently in CA waiting to see my Dr.

For me FFS is the most important part of my transition, means the world to me. This series of procedures is even more important than bottom surgery which is scheduled for January 2022.

I haven't been online posting here in a long time but wanted to drop by and wave hello! Been working a ton to pay my bills since I won't be able to work the entire month of November; being self employed means I don't have vacation "saved".

Wish you all best of health and luck.

With love ❤ ❤❤❤

Sophia

Maid Marion:
Hi Sophia,

Good luck!

Marion

Pammie:

--- Quote from: Sophiaprincess2019 on September 07, 2021, 12:09:38 am ---Good evening all, hope everyone is staying safe. You may recall I had to fight my insurance company to approve FFS. I stayed in the fight and eventually won.

Having the following done:
Type 3 forehead- contoured
Frontal sinus setback
Orbital rims contoured
Brow lift
Reduction rhinoplasty
Cheek and temple areas fat grafted
Genioplasty with sliding osteotomy
Jaw reduction and contouring
Trachael shave

My surgery date is November 8th 2021 at UCLA Medical Center. It's coming up fast. This Thursday  going to visit, in person, with my Surgeon for the 1st time since our video visit in September 2020. I'm currently in CA waiting to see my Dr.

For me FFS is the most important part of my transition, means the world to me. This series of procedures is even more important than bottom surgery which is scheduled for January 2022.

I haven't been online posting here in a long time but wanted to drop by and wave hello! Been working a ton to pay my bills since I won't be able to work the entire month of November; being self employed means I don't have vacation "saved".

Wish you all best of health and luck.

With love

Sophia

--- End quote ---
That’s a massive amount of surgery and not much recovery time before GCS? Xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rakel:

--- Quote from: Pammie on September 07, 2021, 03:30:50 am ---That’s a massive amount of surgery and not much recovery time before GCS?

--- End quote ---

I had my FFS done a few years ago and I had the same first four surgeries and eye lid and upper lip shortening. I did not have any jaw reconstruction. I recovered in 4 days well enough to drive my car home. Within a month, I was out and about as if nothing had happened.

What may seem like a lot of surgeries for some people is just fine for others. This is really an individual thing. Everybody has their own limits.

Jessica_Rose:
That's awesome news Sophia! Bone work is the most 'uncomfortable' part, but the tracheal shave is also a pain in the neck... It will be a rough few weeks, but stay on top of your pain meds and you'll be OK. I am going to modify a phrase originated by Friedrich Nietzsche:

'She who has a why can bear almost any how.'
Although we are a long way from LA, give us a call if you need a place to stay.

Love always -- Jessica Rose

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version