Community Conversation > Orchiectomy and Penectomy

Wanting an Orchiectomy. Transitioning and Chronic Pain, I have Questions

(1/2) > >>

Brooke Renee:
Anyone have a vasectomy that caused chronic testicular pain?  I want an Orchie for my own transition but I am very motivated for another reason.  My right "lad" is in nearly constant pain, Dr thinks it is from the vasectomy years back.  I had a spermatocord de-nervation but that didn't help.  Seriously, I want at least the one out and removal of both would be ideal. 

Here's the dilemma, my urologist knows I need the surgery but he doesn't know I am trans and that I will want them both gone.  Will I need a letter from my therapist to remove them both?  That could take a few months and I am in some serious pain. 

Any thoughts or similar experiences? 

Thank you!
Brooke

mm:
I know one person who had testicle pain and got them removed by a surgeon who does srs's and got it covered by insurance because of the pain.

Brooke Renee:

--- Quote from: mm on September 12, 2021, 08:23:35 pm ---I know one person who had testicle pain and got them removed by a surgeon who does srs's and got it covered by insurance because of the pain.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the response, I think I might need to find a different urologist.  Mine is at a Catholic hospital, that's probably a thing.

Rakel:

--- Quote from: SoBrooke on September 12, 2021, 05:53:52 pm ---...Here's the dilemma, my urologist knows I need the surgery but he doesn't know I am trans and that I will want them both gone.  Will I need a letter from my therapist to remove them both?  That could take a few months and I am in some serious pain. 

Any thoughts or similar experiences?  ...

--- End quote ---

You will never know for sure until you discuss this with your present Urologist.

I would just ask for both testicles to be removed and if you are asked why, then tell them of your gender issues.

Finding a different urologist can take months, so you might consider talking to your therapist and ask for a letter in a timely manner, like real soon and send it electronically.

Maid Marion:
Yes, work with your present urologist.  My doctor sold her practice but the new doctor couldn't see me for months due to issues getting on board with my insurance company.  I found a new LGBTQ friendly doctor.

Marion

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version