Author Topic: Dilating  (Read 320 times)

Offline Naomi71

• Friend
Dilating
« on: September 15, 2021, 03:12:20 am »
Hi all,

So I had my SRS in May last year and am very happy with how it all worked out. However, there are a few things I wonder about:

First of all, my doctor (Kanhai from The Netherlands) told me after a little less than a year, that I could dilate less regularly, like once every few days. However, when I started doing that, I very quickly lost considerable depth and in a few days went from 18 cm to 14 cm. It took me weeks of daily dilating much longer before I had regained my original depth. After that, I just continued my daily routine. So yes, I do have a boyfriend too, but he is a bit smaller than my dilator/ pelotte.

Another thing that worries me, is that I still have (a little) blood loss at times after dilating. My doctor says it’s nothing to worry about, but it’s been 1.5 years post surgery now.

So my questions are: will there be a point in time where I can dilate less regularly and maintain my depth and what could cause the bleeding now everything healed?

X

Naomi

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Start HRT: June 2016
Trachea shave and vocal chord surgery: November 2017
Surviving lung cancer: May 2018
FFS: November 2018 & April 2019
SRS and breast surgery: 4th of May 2020

Offline Rakel

• Formerly known as Dani
  • Rakel@susans.org
Re: Dilating
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2021, 04:31:32 am »
Dear Naomi,

We are all individuals and we all have individual results. I cannot say exactly why you are spotting blood or why you are losing a small amount of depth without dilating regularly.

Speaking for myself, I was spotting well into the 6 to 12 month period after my GCS. We all heal at different rates, so I would not be too concerned at this point.

As for dilating, I was daily dilating well into my third year post GCS. Only recently have I been able to skip a day of dilating and I am over 5 years post op.

Retired Pharmacist with over 40 years experience in Hospital and Retail Pharmacies.
I still keep my professional licence active and in good standing.

Online Jessica_Rose

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2021, 06:21:12 am »
I had some occasional spotting for about two years after my GCS. I also continue to dilate every day, although I occasionally skip a day or two if I'm travelling or not feeling well. You could consider skipping one day a week initially. If that seems to be working out after several months, then try skipping two non-consecutive days. If you notice any loss of depth, then 'add' the day back. Dilating isn't exactly fun for most of us, but it's an acceptable inconvenience which allows us to live as the person we were meant to be.

Love always -- Jessica Rose

Offline Rachel

• Family
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2021, 06:11:46 pm »
Hi, I had GCS 11/2016 and I dilate every day unless I am with my girlfriend(s) or I go to a sex party. Then due to the penetrative sex I do not dilate and I go easy the next day when dilating.

If I use a large diameter toy or a long toy and use a lot of force then yet there is some red color. I in general never have blood from dilating.
MTF in need of help link https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,133631.1980.html
MTF in need of help 2 link https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,251825.0.html
HRT  5-28-2013
FT   11-13-2015
FFS   9-16-2016 -Spiegel
GCS 11-15-2016 - McGinn
Hair Grafts 3-20-2017 - Cooley
Voice therapy start 3-2017 - Reene Blaker
Labiaplasty 5-15-2017 - McGinn
BA 7-12-2017 - McGinn
Hair grafts 9-25-2017 Dr.Cooley
Sataloff Cricothyroid subluxation and trachea shave12-11-2017
Dr. McGinn labiaplasty, hood repair, scar removal, graph repair and bottom of  vagina finished. urethra repositioned. 4-4-2018
Dr. Sataloff Glottoplasty 5-14-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal in office procedure 10-22-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal revision 2 4-3-2019 Bottom of vagina closed off, fat injected into the labia and urethra repositioned.
Dr. Thomas FemLar 10/13/2020
Dr. Thomas laser vocal procedure 2/17/2021

Offline Naomi71

• Friend
« Reply #4 on: Yesterday at 12:47:55 am »
then yet there is some red color. I in general never have blood from dilating.

Yes, I have the same, some red color. But that is blood, right?

Offline Margrit

• Housewife
  • I love to run a proper and clean household.
« Reply #5 on: Yesterday at 02:43:49 am »
Yes, I have the same, some red color. But that is blood, right?

Well I suggest:
Pharmacy’s do have little „Test-Sets“,sorry I can actually not remember the exact name, but they are easy as 1,2,3 to handle. May be that will help to know for sure what kind of red it is…   
Sorry again for not to remember the exact name, but if you talk to your pharmacist, he will know that’s for sure.
If a man can make you smile,
even if you don't want to,
then you love him.

Offline warlockmaker

« Reply #6 on: Yesterday at 03:43:58 am »
You have 18cm depth (7+ inches), that a great depth to have.  I'm only 6",  but I never had problems with maintaining  depth by dilating 3 times a week.  I dilate before sex as it's more enjoyable. The only time I had some spotting was after sex with young man with a big circumference and it kimda caused chaffing at the entrance.  I sometimes don't shave the entrance and this causes the chaffing and spotting.

I do remember that I had some dark stains in the first 6 months from old blood from srs,  which is normal.
When we first start our journey the perception and moral values all dramatically change in wonderment. As we evolve further it all becomes normal again but the journey has changed us forever.

SRS January 21st,  2558 (Buddhist calander), 2015

Offline Rakel

• Formerly known as Dani
  • Rakel@susans.org
« Reply #7 on: Yesterday at 04:44:36 am »
Well I suggest:
Pharmacy’s do have little „Test-Sets“,sorry I can actually not remember the exact name, but they are easy as 1,2,3 to handle. May be that will help to know for sure what kind of red it is…   
Sorry again for not to remember the exact name, but if you talk to your pharmacist, he will know that’s for sure.

There are products like EZ Detect, which is designed to detect blood in your feces due to colon cancer or any bleeding polyps. These may be difficult to use for vaginal spotting. At $10 for each test they are not cheap.

Another option is urine test strips used for blood sugar testing for people with diabetes. Some of these products can also test for blood in the urine. Again vaginal spotting may or may not be detected in your urine.

In most cases, if the spotting is bright red, there is not much of anything else it could be except for blood, especially if it is found right after dilating or sexual intercourse. A small amount of spotting is common and usually heals on it's own without doing anything.

Retired Pharmacist with over 40 years experience in Hospital and Retail Pharmacies.
I still keep my professional licence active and in good standing.

Offline Margrit

• Housewife
« Reply #8 on: Yesterday at 06:14:44 am »
Another option is urine test strips used for blood sugar testing for people with diabetes.

Oh yes in deed that is a alternative too and otherwise talk (or show it) to a physician/surgeon or a nurse APN could be helpful too.
then you love him.

Offline Naomi71

• Friend
« Reply #9 on: Yesterday at 06:27:45 am »
Oh yes in deed that is a alternative too and otherwise talk (or show it) to a physician/surgeon or a nurse APN could be helpful too.
I am a nurse and believe it is blood.

Offline Margrit

• Housewife
« Reply #10 on: Yesterday at 06:39:00 am »
I am a nurse and believe it is blood.

I see, then it must be blood. Yes.
So may be next step  could be to figure out where it is exactly is coming from.
May be from deeper inside? Maybe someone need to have a look inside with a Spekulum or a endoscopy?
then you love him.

Offline Rachel

• Family
« Reply #11 on: Yesterday at 05:27:41 pm »
When I push hard on my dilator or a toy there is some light reddish color. It is normal.

A friend of mine had PPV extension after she had penile inversion (5 years post op). It was about 8 weeks after the PPV operation.  She dilates 3 or maybe more times a day. I was with her last week when she was dilation (we are close) and she had bright red on the end of the dilator. She went to a urologist and everything was ok.

If in doubt call your GCS doctor.
MTF in need of help link https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,133631.1980.html
MTF in need of help 2 link https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,251825.0.html
HRT  5-28-2013
FT   11-13-2015
FFS   9-16-2016 -Spiegel
GCS 11-15-2016 - McGinn
Hair Grafts 3-20-2017 - Cooley
Voice therapy start 3-2017 - Reene Blaker
Labiaplasty 5-15-2017 - McGinn
BA 7-12-2017 - McGinn
Hair grafts 9-25-2017 Dr.Cooley
Sataloff Cricothyroid subluxation and trachea shave12-11-2017
Dr. McGinn labiaplasty, hood repair, scar removal, graph repair and bottom of  vagina finished. urethra repositioned. 4-4-2018
Dr. Sataloff Glottoplasty 5-14-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal in office procedure 10-22-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal revision 2 4-3-2019 Bottom of vagina closed off, fat injected into the labia and urethra repositioned.
Dr. Thomas FemLar 10/13/2020
Dr. Thomas laser vocal procedure 2/17/2021

Tags: