Author Topic: Widening of hips on hrt  (Read 593 times)

Offline Carr

• Visitor
Widening of hips on hrt
« on: September 19, 2021, 11:42:00 pm »
I've been on doing hrt for about 18 months. I always had a slender build with a sort of wide pelvis. When starting hrt I had around a 28 inch waist and 34 inch hips and weighed 154lbs. From day one I started gaining weight. The first 6 months I put on about 20 pounds. Around the 9 month month mark I really started filling out. My hips felt like they went outward and my thighs ballooned up. My measurements are bust: 36, waist: 30, high hip:38 and hip:46. From the waist down I've gained weight all the way to my ankles I feel like. I do have a natural c cup from hrt. Does anyone know how I can drop the weight or what may have caused it?

Offline Chloe

• Family
  • Classic 'Lauren Bacall'
Re: Widening of hips on hrt
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2021, 03:07:27 am »
My hips felt like they went outward and my thighs ballooned up. My measurements are . .

Well, hips are good Carr, as are thighs that tend to become more "rounded" I still wear "shapers" from time to time although people say "shouldn't need them". 174lbs @ 5'10" is still not bad I'm 6' and have a hard time breaking 185 but 'ave my mom's big, "Irish potato farmer" bones so there's a limit to what one can do.

OMG, just measured, have a 36"w just above an "older belly" (achm! the real problem?) and with a 38" 'B' cup band then yes, surely sounds like both of us could stand "improvement"? Try to avoid junk food, don't drink alcohol or "soft drinks" at all and suggest just MOVE, exercise more?

Tennis anyone?

Sounds like you've the classic female "bottom-heavy" syndrome lol . . . if on the sofa, yer back, or all fours with too much 'guy sex' lately then now I'm JEALOUS! ("" - Hagrid)

"But it's no use now," thought poor Alice, "to pretend be two people!
"Why, there's hardly enough of me left to make one respectable person!"

Offline Maid Marion

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2021, 06:05:19 am »
Stress from the transition and Pandemic will cause over eating.

I set up a net in my back yard to catch golf balls.  I reduce stress by whacking golf balls into the net.
I also have a big flower garden.  Its not a lot of exercise, but enough to look good.

I love to shop.  Smaller women not only have a wider selection of clothing choices, but there are often lots of S/XS clothes on the discount rack.

Marion

Offline Rakel

• Formerly known as Dani
  • Rakel@susans.org
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2021, 06:55:38 am »
I've been on doing hrt for about 18 months. I always had a slender build with a sort of wide pelvis...

... From the waist down I've gained weight all the way to my ankles I feel like. I do have a natural c cup from hrt. Does anyone know how I can drop the weight or what may have caused it?

This sounds like perfectly normal weight gain caused by female hormones. This is typical for many people.  ;D

If on the other hand, you feel that this is too much weight gain, then the only option is serious dieting and exercise.  :(

Retired Pharmacist with over 40 years experience in Hospital and Retail Pharmacies.
I still keep my professional licence active and in good standing.

Offline sarahc

• Sarah
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2021, 07:46:53 pm »
90% of weight loss is diligently counting calories using an app. My strong opinion is that it’s the only way to lose weight.

Sarah
----
48 years young.
Known that I am trans since...forever.
First therapy session / decided to transition / hair removal: October 2018
HRT: January 2019 (journal https://www.susans.org/forums/index.phpVF/topic,244009.0.html)
VFS: September 2019; three-month report here
Full-time: April 2020
FFS: August 2020
SRS: January 2021

Offline Carr

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2021, 03:31:54 am »
Thank you all for the replies and the kind words. I just wasn't expecting these results when I started hrt. I was a little worried I'd carry more of my masculine physique but that surely isn't the case. I definitely feel feminine but huge, I'm wearing 2x panties and plus size bottoms.

Tags: