Blogs > Member Blogs

Sara's Wild Ride

<< < (26/63) > >>

Rachel Montgomery:
I’ll sure give it a shot (if schedules work out we will).

I have a niece that lives in Dallas and another talking about moving there after college.  I have a plane, and it would only take me a few hours to fly there to see them (and you).

Courtney G:

--- Quote from: TXSara on January 27, 2022, 08:17:31 pm ---I said, "Uh, no... you know I'm smuggling raisins over here, right?  That won't go over too well in the shower."

--- End quote ---

Lol

(fellow smuggler here)

I have no idea what my future looks like, but topless in front of men is pretty unlikely.

I'm glad things are moving along for you.

TXSara:
OK, I wanted to share something that I think is pretty cool.

I checked my email this morning, and there was a response to my original "coming out" email from someone pretty high up in the company (three levels up from me) expressing really heartfelt support.  I don't even know this person because he resides in the Boston area.

This told me a couple things -- (1) my email is making the rounds LOL, and (2) this person deserves a lot of credit for reaching out to someone he doesn't even know.  Very cool.  Hat's off to you, supportive engineering directorate guy!

~Sara

EllenW:
Sara,

That is cool. Happy to hear that you have support from higher ups in your company. I was lucky to have that support as well. Also, from management out of the Boston aera.

Ellen

Rachel Montgomery:
Eh, he’s probably not so nice.  He probably just saw your performance reviews and wanted to be sure to retain such a valued employee.  I mean, he was probably thinking:

“Transgender?  Whatever.  She’s awesome!  I better send a response.”

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version